Using LateX in Blog: Tips for Including Code in Your Posts

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter kuruman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blog Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of including LaTex code in a blog posting and the difficulties with the LaTex preview feature not working properly. The conversation also suggests manually using [tex] tags or creating the LaTex code elsewhere and copying it into the blog.
kuruman
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
Is there a way to include LateX code in a blog posting? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
Is there a way to include LateX code in a blog posting? Thanks.

yup, as normal

Thanks, but "as normal" appears not to work. The "Sigma" icon does not show next to the YouTube icon on the menu so I cannot initialize LateX. If I try to enter LateX code without using the convenience of the drop down menu, when I hit "preview", I don't see what I put in. Instead, I see the last stuff I put in when I helped someone with homework. It seems that the LateX icon is turned on for some classes of threads such as homework help but not others such as this one or the blogs. Am I missing something? Please advise. Thanks.

The latex preview doesn't appear to be working in your blog. You can still enter latex by manually using the [tex] tags, though.

LaTex previews can act funny at Physics Forums, that is not unusual. But after you submit the post or blog, and perhaps refresh the browser screen too, LaTex should display properly.

IIRC, there might be a problem with LaTex in Comments to blogs. But it does (or should) work in the blog itself.

Thank you all for you comments and suggestions. I feel uneasy posting LateX code without the benefit of preview. I think I will create the LateX where preview is available and then just cut and paste into the blog.

1. What is LateX and why is it useful in blogging?

LateX is a typesetting language used for creating high-quality documents and mathematical equations. It is particularly useful in blogging because it allows for precise formatting and display of complex mathematical and scientific expressions.

2. How do I use LateX in my blog?

To use LateX in your blog, you will first need to install a LateX distribution on your computer. Then, you can use a plugin or add-on in your blogging platform to write and display LateX equations in your blog posts.

3. Can I use LateX in any blogging platform?

While some blogging platforms have built-in support for LateX, others may require the use of plugins or add-ons. It's best to check with your specific platform to see what options are available for incorporating LateX into your blog.

4. Are there any limitations to using LateX in blogging?

One limitation of using LateX in blogging is that it may not be supported on all devices or browsers. Additionally, some blogging platforms may have a character or size limit for equations, so it's important to test your equations to ensure they display correctly.

5. Can I use LateX for other types of content besides equations?

Yes, LateX can be used for formatting and typesetting various types of content, such as tables, figures, and diagrams. It is not limited to just mathematical equations, but can be a powerful tool for creating visually appealing and professional-looking blog posts.