No Latex Support in Blog Entries?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of Latex not working in blog entries, with one individual realizing that there is already a topic open on this issue. They suggest adding a warning note at the top of the blog page to save people the trouble of attempting to use Latex. The conversation also mentions a new extension that allows for uploading images to blogs.
MeJennifer
I just wrote my first blog entry (just a short test) but it seems that Latex does not work. I simply get a message it is generating but no result is ever given.

Is Latex not supported in blog entries? :cry:

MJ

Oh, never mind I just saw that there is already a topic open on this issue. Feel free to delete this topic.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm...since we get this question often, and people usually spend a lot of time attempting to compose an entry using latex before finding out they can't do it and reading the feedback threads on it, maybe there's a way to post a note at the top of the blog page warning that latex won't function in the blogs? I don't know if that's possible or not, but if it is, it would save a lot of people the trouble of trying to use it.

My extension now has an upload to imageshack function. A bit more minor crap & i'll release it. You can post images on blogs, right?

1. Why is there no latex support in blog entries?

There could be several reasons for this. One reason could be that the platform or website hosting the blog does not have the capabilities to support latex. Another reason could be that the blog does not cater to a scientific or mathematical audience and therefore does not require latex support.

2. Can I still include mathematical equations in my blog without latex support?

Yes, there are alternative ways to include mathematical equations in a blog without latex support. Some options include using images or using HTML code to format the equations.

3. Is there a workaround for using latex in blog entries?

It depends on the platform or website hosting the blog. Some platforms may have plugins or extensions that allow for latex support, while others may not have any workaround.

4. Do all blogging platforms support latex?

No, not all blogging platforms have the capability to support latex. It is important to check the features and capabilities of a platform before choosing it for a blog that requires latex support.

5. Is there a specific reason why some blogging platforms do not have latex support?

There could be various reasons for this. Some platforms may not have the resources or capabilities to support latex, while others may not see it as a necessary feature for their target audience. Additionally, implementing and maintaining latex support may require technical expertise and resources that some platforms may not have.