Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTeX in Mathematica Slideshow

1. Jun 28, 2012 #1
    I am trying to put together some short slideshows in Mathematica for educational purposes. I'm using Mathematica in Slideshow mode so that it will be a nice looking presentation that also has embedded graphs etc. I thought this would be easy since Mathematica exports LaTeX and imports full LaTeX files. It doesn't seem to allow me to type LaTeX directly in.

Mathematica does have a function "TraditionalForm[]" but this is terrible. There seem to be little or no formatting options and it chooses odd things like displaying "[itex]x[/itex]" in a different font when there is a [itex]\Delta[/itex] before it. It is also significantly harder to input a formula into this function than it is to type LaTeX.

I hope that I am just tired and missing something obvious, but multiple searches have not helped me.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted