LaTex in PF Library

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I just noticed that the LaTex images in some library entries are not displaying properly. Instead of displaying the equation, you see this text:
Click to see the LaTeX code for this image
The fix for this is easy, any Mentor or Science Advisor can edit the entry and then save it (without making any changes). This appears to restore the LaTex for some reason.

If you notice any library entry where this is an issue, please report it (just click where it says "Report item") so that somebody can fix it up.

FWIW, I have Firefox 3.6.10 and Windows XP. Not sure if this is a browser or OS dependent bug.

nvn

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Does clicking the Reload button on your browser fix this problem?

As you know, when previewing a reply for posting, the preview page displays the wrong latex. The user must click Reload, which causes the preview page to update and display the correct latex. (I have Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10.)

marcusl

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Where is this "Reload" button? I constantly have problems when previewing Latex.

Borek

Mentor
Where is this "Reload" button? I constantly have problems when previewing Latex.
Depends on the browser (it is not forum thing).

nvn

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The Reload (or Refresh) button is located near the top of your browser, on the browser navigation bar, and generally looks like a recycle arrow symbol. You press it to redisplay the page you are currently viewing. Alternately, in your browser pull-down menus, you can select View > Reload (or View > Refresh).

Last edited:

marcusl

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, that Reload button :eek:)

Thx

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Reloading the page did not help with this particular issue.

nvn

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
marcusl: In my above posts, I forgot to mention the following warning.

[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/images/icons/icon4.gif [Broken] Before you press Reload (or Refresh), first make a copy of the text you typed, in case the process loses what you have already typed in.

Last edited by a moderator: