Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTex in PF Library

1. Oct 11, 2010 #1

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I just noticed that the LaTex images in some library entries are not displaying properly. Instead of displaying the equation, you see this text:
    Click to see the LaTeX code for this image
    The fix for this is easy, any Mentor or Science Advisor can edit the entry and then save it (without making any changes). This appears to restore the LaTex for some reason.

If you notice any library entry where this is an issue, please report it (just click where it says "Report item") so that somebody can fix it up.

FWIW, I have Firefox 3.6.10 and Windows XP. Not sure if this is a browser or OS dependent bug.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2010 #2

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Does clicking the Reload button on your browser fix this problem?

As you know, when previewing a reply for posting, the preview page displays the wrong latex. The user must click Reload, which causes the preview page to update and display the correct latex. (I have Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10.)

4. Oct 18, 2010 #3

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where is this "Reload" button? I constantly have problems when previewing Latex.

5. Oct 18, 2010 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Depends on the browser (it is not forum thing).

6. Oct 18, 2010 #5

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The Reload (or Refresh) button is located near the top of your browser, on the browser navigation bar, and generally looks like a recycle arrow symbol. You press it to redisplay the page you are currently viewing. Alternately, in your browser pull-down menus, you can select View > Reload (or View > Refresh).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  7. Oct 18, 2010 #6

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, that Reload button :eek:)

Thx

8. Oct 18, 2010 #7

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Reloading the page did not help with this particular issue.

9. Oct 24, 2010 #8

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

marcusl: In my above posts, I forgot to mention the following warning.

[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/images/icons/icon4.gif [Broken] Before you press Reload (or Refresh), first make a copy of the text you typed, in case the process loses what you have already typed in.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook