Fix LaTex Images in PF Library Entries

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the LaTeX images in some library entries are not displaying properly. The fix for this is easy, any Mentor or Science Advisor can edit the entry and then save it (without making any changes). If you notice any library entry where this is an issue, please report it.
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I just noticed that the LaTex images in some library entries are not displaying properly. Instead of displaying the equation, you see this text:
Click to see the LaTeX code for this image
The fix for this is easy, any Mentor or Science Advisor can edit the entry and then save it (without making any changes). This appears to restore the LaTex for some reason.

If you notice any library entry where this is an issue, please report it (just click where it says "Report item") so that somebody can fix it up.

FWIW, I have Firefox 3.6.10 and Windows XP. Not sure if this is a browser or OS dependent bug.

Physics news on Phys.org
Does clicking the Reload button on your browser fix this problem?

As you know, when previewing a reply for posting, the preview page displays the wrong latex. The user must click Reload, which causes the preview page to update and display the correct latex. (I have Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10.)

Where is this "Reload" button? I constantly have problems when previewing Latex.

marcusl said:
Where is this "Reload" button? I constantly have problems when previewing Latex.

Depends on the browser (it is not forum thing).

The Reload (or Refresh) button is located near the top of your browser, on the browser navigation bar, and generally looks like a recycle arrow symbol. You press it to redisplay the page you are currently viewing. Alternately, in your browser pull-down menus, you can select View > Reload (or View > Refresh).

Last edited:
Oh, that Reload button :eek:)

Thx

Reloading the page did not help with this particular issue.

marcusl: In my above posts, I forgot to mention the following warning.

[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/images/icons/icon4.gif Before you press Reload (or Refresh), first make a copy of the text you typed, in case the process loses what you have already typed in.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I fix an image in a PF library entry that is not displaying correctly in LaTex?

To fix an image in a PF library entry in LaTex, you will need to first check the file path of the image to make sure it is correct. If the file path is correct, then you can try re-importing the image into the entry or converting the image to a different format.

2. Why is my image not showing up in my PF library entry in LaTex?

There could be several reasons why your image is not showing up in your PF library entry in LaTex. Some common reasons include incorrect file path, unsupported image format, or an issue with the image itself. Double check the file path, try converting the image to a different format, or try re-importing the image into the entry.

3. How can I resize an image in a PF library entry in LaTex?

To resize an image in a PF library entry in LaTex, you can use the \includegraphics command and specify the desired width and height of the image. For example, \includegraphics[width=2in, height=3in]{image.png} will resize the image to a width of 2 inches and a height of 3 inches.

4. Can I add captions to images in PF library entries in LaTex?

Yes, you can add captions to images in PF library entries in LaTex by using the \caption command after the \includegraphics command. For example, \includegraphics{image.png} \caption{This is a caption for the image.} will add a caption below the image.

5. Is there a limit to the number of images I can include in a PF library entry in LaTex?

There is no specific limit to the number of images you can include in a PF library entry in LaTex. However, it is recommended to keep the number of images reasonable and to optimize the size of the images to avoid any potential issues with formatting or file size.