Latex issues

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter DrRocket
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Perhaps someone can explain to me what is going on.

I seem to be having extreme difficulty with posts involving LATex code.

I am not LaTex expert, but this is ridiculous.

There appears to be no resemblance between the Latex code that I enter and what appears when I attempt to preview the post.

For instance, I prepare code to produce an integral, and that code is right before my eyes in the composition pane. Then I click "preview" and what I see is some algebraic sum from a thread that I particpated in yesterday.

Or I make a mistake and change the code, and when I click "preview" the old, incorrect graphics, appears.

To make matters worse, if I give up and just hit "enter", what appears in the thread is neither what I saw in the preview nor what is reflected by the Tex code.

I there some sort of memory or cookie that I need to clear? Logging out (including shutting down my computer) and coming back does not seem to correct the problem. It is rather like the machine is haunted. I am becoming fond of pencil and paper.

Answers and Replies

DrGreg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Click here for the answer.

Any admins reading this: this question pops up quite regularly. Can't we have the answer prominently displayed somewhere, so people don't have to keep asking?

Click here for the answer.

Any admins reading this: this question pops up quite regularly. Can't we have the answer prominently displayed somewhere, so people don't have to keep asking?
Thanks.

Putting the notice in the LaTex primer might be a good idea. That is where I first looked to see if there was something obvious that I was missing.