Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTeX not generating pdf?

1. Mar 29, 2009 #1
    I'm not sure where to have put this question I hope it is in the right place. I have big problem with LaTeX..

I have been writing a document for a while and recently when I click the build and view button it shows this error

[DocOpen(%bm.pdf")][FileOPen(%bm.pdf)]
    Cannot execute the command

nothing comes up.

Restarting doesn't help. Also when I have managed to see a pdf, (don't know how), it doesn't shows changes I made? I thought I had it when I looked at http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=42360

but I have followed the advice and no luck

Help!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2009 #2
    I've used latex but am no expert, so I'm unsure - but it looks as though on that thread they are suggesting there is a problem with texnic communicating with acrobat. Have you tried a different compiler (e.g. winEdit) for a short-term fix?

4. Apr 5, 2009 #3
    It turned out that I had written \usepackage{math} instead of \usepackage{amsmath} I had no idea guessing the names of packages could actually have such an effect...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook