Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LaTex Problem

1. Apr 24, 2010 #1
    I hope you can help me with this problem. A few days ago, I began a post with a LaTex equation in it, but never completed the post (I got the answer I needed). I'm trying a new post today, and no matter how or what I enter as LaTex, when I preview the post I see the equation I tried to use a few days ago, even though I"m making a completely new post (although it IS to the same forum). Can you help? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2010 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

There have been problems for quite some time with the latex preview. I would just ignore the preview, make your post, and then edit the latex if it needs correcting.
  4. Apr 24, 2010 #3
    Not to nag, but are peoples working on this? Or is it a lost cause? I know that we can 'submit' then edit, but sometimes (like last night) I will spend a good hour or two just writing a new topic. Over the course of 2.5 hrs last night, I had 37 views before I was even done posing the question. So the preview would have really helped.

Just a thought. :smile:
  5. Apr 26, 2010 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, not to my knowledge.
    FYI, "people" in this case is just one person. If not for member chroot's efforts we would not have LaTeX at all.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook