Troubleshooting \vec{} Arrow Display Issue on Chrome

In summary, the user is experiencing an issue with the \vec{} command in LaTeX, where it appears as a small square box instead of an arrow above the letter. They suspect it may be due to their browser settings and are asking for help to fix it. Another user confirms not having any issues with the command on their version of Chrome.
BruceW
Homework Helper
The command \vec{}, whenever I see it in posts, comes out as a small square box, instead of the arrow above the letter, as it should.

All other latex commands seem to work fine. I think the problem might be to do with the settings on my browser (i'm using chrome).
I was wondering if anyone else came across this problem, or have a way to fix it, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's weird. It looks good to me. [itex]\vec v[/itex][tex]\vec v[/tex] I can't think of anything that would break just one LaTeX command. Is it messed up when you zoom in too?

No issues with \vec{} on Chrome 15.0.874.120.

1. What might be causing the arrow display issue on Chrome?

The arrow display issue on Chrome could be caused by a variety of factors, such as outdated browser software, conflicts with browser extensions or plugins, or corrupted browser settings.

2. How can I troubleshoot the arrow display issue on Chrome?

To troubleshoot the arrow display issue on Chrome, you can try clearing your browser cache and cookies, disabling any extensions or plugins, and updating your browser to the latest version. You can also try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

3. Is the arrow display issue on Chrome a common problem?

Yes, the arrow display issue on Chrome is a common problem that many users have reported. However, the cause of the issue may vary from person to person, so the solution may be different for each individual.

4. Can I fix the arrow display issue on Chrome myself?

Yes, in most cases, you can fix the arrow display issue on Chrome yourself by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier. However, if the issue persists, you may need to seek help from a technical expert or reach out to Google Chrome support for further assistance.

5. How can I prevent the arrow display issue on Chrome from happening again?

To prevent the arrow display issue on Chrome from happening again, make sure to regularly update your browser and clear your cache and cookies. You can also try disabling any unnecessary extensions or plugins and avoid visiting suspicious websites that may contain malware or cause conflicts with your browser.