Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex program

1. Oct 28, 2006 #1
    I am wondering how I can use the latex program on my forum. My forum is an InvisonFree forum (http://invisionfree.com/). Since its not very advanced, I can't really installed mods just IPB and vB forums have. I was thinking about making a javascript program and stuff, but how do I get these weird symbols to be in HTML?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2006 #2
    Someone please help
  4. Nov 3, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

So what are your options? Incuding the paying options. If you show us all the options, maybe we can use google to try to find you a free and legal option.
  5. Nov 3, 2006 #4
    Free, I don't have any money to pay. Also, the forum I am trying to install the Latex or soemthing simlar to it is a FREE forum. They don't give you acess to sever, like you can't install mods and stuff. You have to use javascript/html if you want to mod anything....
  6. Nov 3, 2006 #5
    Do you really need LaTeX on the forum? I mean you called it "weird symbols". No offense or anything. Just consider the necessity of having it on your forum.

Check out:

it takes some relatively serious work to implement LaTeX in a forum.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?