1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex Program

1. Jan 15, 2005 #1

DB

What program do I have to use to incorperate Latex so I can print some formulas.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2005 #2

jamesrc

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can use Notepad or any other text editor to write the code. I use WinEdt becase I think it has a nice interface. It's shareware (about $30) that you can download. Other people here might know of better options.

To compile your LaTeX source, you should download MikTex (just look it up in a search engine and download). Again, there are probably other options, but that's what I know of/use.

4. Jan 15, 2005 #3

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Another LaTeX Gui is Technicenter, I think it is better than WinEdit and last time I checked free. It downloads MikTex and will help you stay up to date.

5. Jan 15, 2005 #4
  6. Jan 15, 2005 #5

DB

Thanks guys, I got WinEdt but I have no clue how to use it, I tried reading the help manuel but I always get an error and I cant even understand what the manuel is saying. ThisTeX thatTex, its very confusing! Is it possible to be able to just use Latex as I would on this site and have it turn out as it does when you submit the thread?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?