Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex Program

1. Jan 15, 2005 #1

DB

What program do I have to use to incorperate Latex so I can print some formulas.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2005 #2

jamesrc

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can use Notepad or any other text editor to write the code. I use WinEdt becase I think it has a nice interface. It's shareware (about $30) that you can download. Other people here might know of better options.

To compile your LaTeX source, you should download MikTex (just look it up in a search engine and download). Again, there are probably other options, but that's what I know of/use.

4. Jan 15, 2005 #3

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Another LaTeX Gui is Technicenter, I think it is better than WinEdit and last time I checked free. It downloads MikTex and will help you stay up to date.

5. Jan 15, 2005 #4
  6. Jan 15, 2005 #5

DB

Thanks guys, I got WinEdt but I have no clue how to use it, I tried reading the help manuel but I always get an error and I cant even understand what the manuel is saying. ThisTeX thatTex, its very confusing! Is it possible to be able to just use Latex as I would on this site and have it turn out as it does when you submit the thread?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?