1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex Question #2

1. Aug 19, 2004 #1
    okay, a few months ago i posted a question on how to convert my txt files into a pdf file. The people who responded were VERY helpful, but recently i purchased a new computer and i transferred over the miktex program and the work i had done on my old computer. The problem is, when i convert txt files into pdf files with my new computer, the font is really blurry when i open acrobat. Any ideas what can be causing this? i'm assuming its something to do in the settings of acrobat's fonts...but who knows...thanks a bunch!
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2004 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Does printing look okay?
    How does it look in gsview?

4. Aug 20, 2004 #3
    thank you! the font is a type 3...
  5. Aug 21, 2004 #4
    i'm having trouble changing it into a type1 font...when i go to file-document properties-fonts, its all type3 fonts...how do i change it to type1 fonts? is there a comand i have to write in txt? thanks!
  6. Aug 21, 2004 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm not that familiar with the whole issue.
    I got the above link and the ones below by googling...

A few years ago, I observed this blurriness when converting from tex to dvi to pdf. (I don't convert txt to pdf.)
    I'm not sure if it was an updated MikTeX package or Ghostscript/GSview postscript utilities that resolved my problems.

How does your pdf file look in gsview?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?