Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex question

1. May 11, 2008 #1
    how come whenever I use latex...for some reason two of the latex have errors but the others always work when I preview...if I try deleting those two which have errors than some other two latex have errors then...why?any way to around the problem?

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2008 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I can't see which of your threads you're talking about. Can you please report the post, so we can see which one you mean?

4. May 12, 2008 #3
    Like for example the thread "using ampere's law with current density"...everytime I posted it...it gave an error because of this latex error...so it ended up being posted three times

5. May 12, 2008 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You don't seem to have used any latex in that thread, but it sounds like a misuse of tags perhaps and thats why some work but others do not then when you delete some the others stop working. If you post what you're trying to do perhaps someone could spot the problem.

6. May 13, 2008 #5
    There are three threads with tht title...it wasn't working at the beginning...everytimne I post it it wud show me an error...so I deleted all the latex and wrote all over again.But if u look at the earlier thread(there are three)...tht had latex.Anyways how can I post wht I am doing????

7. May 13, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you post in this thread what you were trying to do in the other thread perhaps people can see where you're going wrong. You can use Code tags to show the latex code you're using. Its hard to tell whats going on otherwise.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?