1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Latex subfloat

1. Aug 5, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I am using the subfloat package. I have several images in my figure and I wanted to have an (a), (b), (c) under them and then refer to them like that in the caption. However, when I do ref {image1a} in the caption it shows up as "1a" instead of "a". I don't want the "1" because this is the caption for figure 1. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Does this make sense?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2008 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Aug 6, 2008 #3
    I want to something like this

Code (Text):
    \begin{figure}
      \centering
      \subfloat[A gull]{\label{fig:gull}\includegraphics[width=0.3\textwidth]{gull}}                
      \subfloat[A tiger]{\label{fig:tiger}\includegraphics[width=0.3\textwidth]{tiger}}
      \subfloat[A mouse]{\label{fig:mouse}\includegraphics[width=0.3\textwidth]{mouse}}
      \caption{Here we a gull \ref{fig:gull} and a tiger \ref{fig:tiger} and a mouse \ref{fig:mouse}}
      \label{fig:animals}
    \end{figure}
    except I want it to say (a) instead of (1a) where I put \ref{fig:gull}.

5. Aug 25, 2009 #4
    use \subref{reflabel} rather than \ref{...}

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?