Finding Latex Equations and Formulas: Did We Lose the Search?

In summary, there is a list of equations, formulas, etc. with corresponding Latex available for easy copying and pasting into posts or replies. However, the location of this list is currently unknown. The website also has a quick TeX reference and there are other websites with more examples. Some browsers may not display the "Search" button or the "info" button for the TeX reference.
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
There is (somewhere) a list of equations, formulas, etc. and the corresponding Latex to create them. Allowing one to cut & paste the Latex into posts or replies. Do you know where that list is now? I can't find it. In fact, I don't see the "Search" button anymore... Did we lose the Search? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I see the search button.

We have a quick TeX reference (Info -> Help/How-To), and there are various websites with many more examples.

gmax137 said:
In fact, I don't see the "Search" button anymore... Did we lose the Search? Thanks!
Which browser are you using? At least one (very old) browser no longer displays the "Search" button or the "info" button that leads to the TeX reference.

Thanks, mfb!

To Nugatory: D'Oh... I see the search button now. Maybe I had the screen zoomed in too much earlier. Nearsightedness... Thanks for your help!

1. What is the purpose of finding latex equations and formulas?

Finding latex equations and formulas is important for researchers and scientists as it allows for the accurate representation of mathematical and scientific concepts in written form. This is especially useful in fields such as physics, chemistry, and engineering.

2. How do I search for latex equations and formulas?

The easiest way to search for latex equations and formulas is by using a search engine specifically designed for scientific content, such as Google Scholar or MathSciNet. Additionally, many online databases and journals have the option to search for equations and formulas within their content.

3. What are some common challenges when searching for latex equations and formulas?

One common challenge is the lack of standardization in notation and formatting for equations and formulas across different sources. This can make it difficult to find the exact equation or formula you are looking for. Additionally, some equations and formulas may be hidden within a larger block of text, making them harder to locate.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy of the latex equations and formulas I find?

It is important to always check the source of the latex equation or formula to ensure its accuracy. This can be done by verifying the author and publication, as well as cross-checking with other reputable sources. It is also helpful to have a basic understanding of the topic to be able to recognize any potential errors.

5. Are there any tools or resources available to help with finding latex equations and formulas?

Yes, there are several tools and resources available to assist with finding latex equations and formulas. Some examples include online equation search engines, equation databases, and websites dedicated to specific fields of study that provide a collection of equations and formulas. Additionally, many scientific software programs and tools have the option to search for and insert latex equations and formulas.