Fix LaTeX Not Showing Up in Firefox/IE

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter VietDao29
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, some users are experiencing issues with LaTeX not showing up properly on certain pages, such as the one mentioned in the conversation. It is unclear why this is happening and some users have reported it working fine on different browsers. Possible reasons for this could be slow loading times or database problems on the website.
VietDao29
Homework Helper
LaTeX won't show up??

I don't know if anybody here has the same problem with me. But for somehow, some of the last LaTeX stuff does not show up in some pages that contains a lot of LaTeX. Here is one page:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=85859
So what's happened? I am using Firefox, and I also tried it in IE, and still they don't show up. :confused:
Viet Dao,

Physics news on Phys.org
They showed up fine for me on both Firefox and IE.

Zz.

Maybe they're just taking a long time to load??

Yesterday, posts 9-11 displayed rather funky for me, but that was when PF was having database problems, so I checked again, and today, it's just 11 that has jumbled LaTex (the characters are displaying off to the right of the text box...beyond the boundaries they're supposed to be in...and are all on top of each other). Also, they aren't showing up in the quotes in post 13...that just shows a lot of broken link icons instead of the quoted LaTex. Not sure if that's the same problem VietDao is seeing.

1. Why is my LaTeX not showing up in Firefox/IE?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the necessary MathJax extension is not installed in your browser. Another possibility is that your browser's security settings are preventing the code from rendering. Finally, it could be due to an error in your LaTeX code or the webpage itself.

2. How do I install the MathJax extension?

To install the MathJax extension, go to the MathJax website and follow the instructions for your specific browser. Typically, this will involve downloading and installing a plugin or add-on.

3. How do I check my browser's security settings?

The process for checking security settings varies depending on the browser you are using. In most browsers, you can access the settings menu by clicking on the menu button (usually represented by three horizontal lines) and then selecting "Settings" or "Options." From there, you can navigate to the security or privacy settings and adjust them as needed.

4. How can I troubleshoot an error in my LaTeX code?

If you suspect that the issue is with your LaTeX code, you can try using an online LaTeX compiler to see if it produces an error or renders correctly. You can also try simplifying your code or using a different LaTeX package to see if that resolves the issue.

5. What should I do if none of the above solutions work?

If you have tried all of the above solutions and are still unable to get your LaTeX to show up in Firefox or IE, you may need to seek help from a web developer or the support team for the specific website you are trying to use. They may be able to identify the root cause of the issue and provide a solution.