LaTexing not working at the moment

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Hoplite
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moment
In summary, if your LaTeX is not working at the moment, it could be due to technical issues, incorrect input, or compatibility problems. To fix it, check your input and troubleshoot any technical issues, or seek help from a LaTeX expert. Specific software and versions, such as TeX Live and TeXstudio, are required for LaTeX to function properly. It can be used on different devices, but certain features may not be available or may require specific settings. There are many online resources and books available to learn more about LaTeX for beginners.
Hoplite
Is the LaTexing not working at the moment, or am I just not doing it correctly?
[tex]x^2[/tex]

EDIT: I see now that it works, but not when I preview the post.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It doesn't work for previewin after upgrading happened.

It could be possible that there is an issue with the LaTexing feature at the moment, but it is also important to double check if you are using the correct syntax for LaTexing. In this case, the correct syntax for x^2 would be $x^2$. If you are still having trouble, it might be helpful to reach out to the platform's support team for further assistance.

1. Why is my LaTeX not working at the moment?

There could be several reasons why your LaTeX is not working at the moment. It could be due to a technical issue, incorrect input, or compatibility issues with your software or device. It is best to double-check your input and troubleshoot any technical issues before seeking further help.

2. How can I fix my LaTeX not working at the moment?

First, try to identify the specific issue by checking your input and any error messages that may appear. If it is a technical issue, try restarting your computer or updating your software. If the problem persists, you may need to seek help from a LaTeX expert or consult online forums for assistance.

3. Is there a specific version or software required for LaTeX to work?

Yes, LaTeX requires specific software and versions to function properly. The most commonly used LaTeX distribution is TeX Live, and the recommended editor is TeXstudio. It is essential to ensure that you have the latest versions and updates installed for optimal performance.

4. Can I use LaTeX on any device?

Yes, LaTeX is a cross-platform software and can be used on different devices, including computers, tablets, and smartphones. However, it is important to note that some features may not be available on certain devices or may require specific software or settings to function properly.

5. I am new to LaTeX, where can I find resources to learn more?

There are many online resources available to learn LaTeX, including tutorials, forums, and user groups. Some popular websites include Overleaf, ShareLaTeX, and LaTeX Project. You can also find many books and guides on LaTeX in libraries and online bookstores.