1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lattice Models for Fluids - Regular Solution Model

1. Nov 11, 2016 #1
    Problem Statement:

For the regular solution model, develop the equations for the compositions of the coexisting phases in a binary system and plot the phase boundary as a function of χ/RT.

2. This question stems from Sandler's Introduction to Applied Statistical Thermodynamics.
    upload_2016-11-11_15-39-54.png

upload_2016-11-11_15-41-26.png

3. The attempt at a solution

I am having trouble understanding how to approach this problem. I know that the equations I need to develop are a function of x1, x2 -> (1-x1). I do not know where to start when considering an equation for a phase boundary.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted