Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laugh and seriousness

1. Sep 4, 2008 #1
    Do you laugh if you go watch a comedy show in a theater especially if you sit at the front ? Or you just sit there motionless for people to consider you "serious" outside ?. :smile:

On the net, you are serious too ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2008 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I go to comedy movies and sit somewhere in the middle.

All through the movie, I'll make scoffing noises, and whenever someone laughs, I'll say (as loud as I can) things like:

"Oh yeah, that was real 'funny'" "Wow I couldn't see that one coming a mile away"

The outcome is the inevitable advancement of level of writing in the American Comedic Movie genre. I feel I am doing a service for the other patrons in the theater. The ushers never see my point.

And we are all so very serious here on the intrawebs.

4. Sep 5, 2008 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I go to comedy shows to do some math. Sometimes I'm in the front and other times I'm hidden in the corner. I don't laugh because that ruins my serious level of concentration.

5. Sep 5, 2008 #4
    I went to a comedy show where no one laughed. It was about the time that I decided not to quit my day job.

6. Sep 5, 2008 #5
    I have a big mirror by my computer, so I never laugh when I'm online because I might see myself.

7. Sep 5, 2008 #6
    Is laughing on the Interwebs the same sound as one hand clapping?

8. Sep 5, 2008 #7
    Galois, you're alive?!?!

9. Sep 5, 2008 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I shush people who laugh in theaters :devil:. I mean really, such childishness.

10. Sep 5, 2008 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Interwebs!!!! Aarrrgghh!!!

11. Sep 5, 2008 #10

wolram

Gold Member

The last time i had a good laugh was listening to Jasper Carrot or was it Blaster Bates.

12. Sep 5, 2008 #11
    I'm laughing at all of you right now.

13. Sep 5, 2008 #12
    I'm laughing because I got Evo. :rofl:

14. Sep 5, 2008 #13

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, totally different - more like the top half of a tree falling in the forest.

15. Sep 5, 2008 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd laugh if I wasn't trying to be serious on the outside. :uhh:

16. Sep 5, 2008 #15

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I laugh ironically.

17. Sep 5, 2008 #16
    Sometimes I see a woman right in the midst of the front seat laughing her stomache out, but her lips do not move, her belly looks like trembling, I doubt she is afraid of her cosmetics powder used to cover her face, so thick that she is scared it will fall off out of it to let seen the wrinkles. Don't know how her husband would feel at night.
    A fat man with a yellow Tshirt sat nearby don't make a single move :smile:. Although the show makes me laugh my brain out, yeah yeah so good !

18. Sep 5, 2008 #17
    I laugh, even when its not funny.

19. Sep 5, 2008 #18
    My friends think that they are really funny so I have come to the point that I only laugh aloud if something is genuinely funny so as to keep people from believing that their mildly amusing quips are comedy genius. I also think it is funny to stare at someone straight faced just after they have made a joke. [​IMG]

20. Sep 6, 2008 #19

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Then point to your chest and say, "I'm laughing. In here."

21. Sep 6, 2008 #20
    :cool: They don't quite laugh before the camera because they want to show they are matured, experienced for the joke to them is so much usual.
    I am so socially high ranked! Here VIP :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?