1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Law of induction

1. Feb 25, 2004 #1
    can someone pls help me on a physics question??.....i've read my text 2 times and still can't figure this out!!!!.....how do you determine the magnetic flux through a loop due to a current "I"??.......it's a loop under a wire carring a current....then calculate the induced emf when the current is changing with time according to I=a+bt, a and b are constants...b=10.0A/s h=1cm, w=10cm, l=100cm.....then determine the direction of the current in the loop (rectangle).....if anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated:).....thanks in advance for your help....

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2004 #2

turin

Homework Helper

Find the magnetic field generated by the current (there's probably a formula in your book for the magnetic field do to an infinite straight line of current). Integrate that over the area of the loop. Is the loop a rectangle? That would simplify the integration tremendously.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?