1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laws of Motion, some problems.

1. Sep 4, 2013 #1
    I'm new to this forum, so Hi!!! :) I have a test on Newton's Laws of Motion, the day after tomorrow and will appreciate any kind of help on these problems. Thank you very much, and nice to meet you all. :)

--------

Q1. A particle of mass m moves with constant speed v on a circular path of radius r. It starts from a point A and makes a 240 rotation when it comes at point B. What is the average force on it during it's motion from A to B? [Ans: (3√3 mv^2)/4πr ]

Q.2 A 1Kg block is kept on a 100 kg block. Coefficient of friction , μ=0.5
    What is the frictional force acting on the 1Kg block? [Ans: 0.1N]

(I know this is very simple, but I am always ending up with an answer of 5N. Am I doing something wrong logically or is the answer given wrong?

Q.3 A person stands in contact against the inner wall of a rotor of radius r. The coefficient of friction between the wall and his clothes is μ and the rotor is rotating about vertical axis. What is the minimum speed of rotor so that the person des not slip downward? [Ans: √(g/μr) ]

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2013 #2
    One problem per one thread please.

In each problem, use the template.

Show your attempt.

Respect the rules and you will get help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted