Laws of Newton short question?

In summary, Newton's three laws of motion are fundamental principles of physics that describe the behavior of objects in motion. The first law states that objects will stay at rest or in motion unless acted upon by a force, the second law relates mass, force, and acceleration, and the third law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. These laws can be observed in everyday situations and have been extensively tested and proven to be correct. The first law deals with inertia, while the second law deals with the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration. Newton's laws also apply to gravity, as it is a force that causes objects to accelerate and follows the third law of equal and opposite reactions.
Questions999
So I am studying the laws of Newton and I am wondering,are there any deficiencies related to the laws?I mean,somewhere where I can't use them or anything?

Physics news on Phys.org
Newton's laws do not apply on a quantum scale, if that's what your asking

Last edited:
F=ma doesn't hold in non-inertial reference frames and I believe you must use special relativity when you deal with velocities close to the speed of light.

1. What are Newton's three laws of motion?

Newton's first law states that an object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. The third law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

2. How do Newton's laws apply to everyday life?

Newton's laws can be observed in many everyday situations, such as a ball rolling down a hill (first law), pushing a shopping cart (second law), and feeling the recoil of a gun after firing a bullet (third law).

3. Can Newton's laws be broken?

No, Newton's laws are fundamental principles of physics and have been extensively tested and proven to be correct.

4. What is the difference between the first and second laws of motion?

The first law deals with the concept of inertia, while the second law deals with the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration.

5. How do Newton's laws relate to gravity?

Newtons laws apply to gravity as it is a force that acts on objects, causing them to accelerate (second law). The force of gravity also follows the third law, as every action of an object pulling on another object is met with an equal and opposite reaction.