Lawyer to Sue Jews for Biblical 'Plunder'

• Thread starter megashawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lawyer
In summary: Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood Not without a living witness to the affidavit being made, otherwise it's just written heresay. Besides, I want to see what god says when they get her on the stand. Speaking of which, considering who the Jewish God is alleged to be, wouldn't that make him the ultimate "slumlord?"In summary, a discussion about whether a group of people can be held accountable for the actions of their ancestors turns into a debate about suing for historical injustices. Some suggest that the Bible could serve as an affidavit, while others question its reliability without a living witness. Ultimately, the conversation highlights the complications and absurdities of trying to seek justice for events that occurred thousands of years
megashawn
Science Advisor
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20030911/od_nm/egypt_jews_dc [Broken]

Ok, I'm kinda thinking that we need a World wide government, so as to impose a law that states "No group of people can be held acountable for the actions of there ancestors, especially if there has been no noticable benifit to the particular group of people due to the past actions."

I mean, how rediculous is this. As I understand it, the entire story of Exodus has been debunked, and the supposed "slaves" were well treated workers. Thats what history channel seems to think anyhow.

As if we don't have enough problems between religions, let's go and dig up a few more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
And all of this happened over 3,000 years ago? I don't suppose there are any witnesses are there? Perhaps they should just consider it a part of the heritage and leave it at that? :smile:

Originally posted by Iacchus32
And all of this happened over 3,000 years ago? I don't suppose there are any witnesses are there?:smile:

you mean witnesses would be more reliable than "the word of God"?

from the same article:
"Hilmi said Egyptian and European historical and religious experts were trying to establish if the biblical passage could be taken as fact, and hence form the basis for a lawsuit.
He said the argument that Jews could sue Egypt for enslaving them was also being studied by experts."

still waiting for all the nations in Africa to sue somebody for the centuries of slavery they endured. And maybe most of the Europe can sue Italy for the slaves taken by the romans. That would be fun

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
you mean witnesses would be more reliable than "the word of God"?

The word of god would be fine, so long as he's called as a witness. Otherwise it's just heresay.

And all of this happened over 3,000 years ago? I don't suppose there are any witnesses are there? Perhaps they should just consider it a part of the heritage and leave it at that? :smile:
I like your logic...so Israel can be bulldozed now, since the Jews were kicked out over 1000 years ago?

Originally posted by Zero
I like your logic...so Israel can be bulldozed now, since the Jews were kicked out over 1000 years ago?
No, of course not. I'm suggesting that since they (now) have their livelihood, and their heritage, they should just leave it at that.

No, of course not. I'm suggesting that since they (now) have their livelihood, and their heritage, they should just leave it at that.
What do you mean 'of course not'??

heh,

The word of god would be fine, so long as he's called as a witness. Otherwise it's just heresay.

Couldn't they say the bible serves as an Affidavit?

How about, let's sue Eve for committing the original sin, and thereby triggering the chain of events that has brought us to today. All the murders, starvations, crusades, etc that has reaked havoc on mankind.

In fact, its all her fault that the jews had to steal gold and silver from egypt.

The question is who to sue?

Originally posted by megashawn
The question is who to sue?

Well, obviously all the men would have to sue all the women. But then all the women could sue God for giving them periods, and painful childbirth. Then, let's see, all the children could sue all of their parents for making them eat liver and broccoli...

Originally posted by megashawn
heh,

Couldn't they say the bible serves as an Affidavit?

Not without a living witness to the affidavit being made, otherwise it's just written heresay. Besides, I want to see what god says when they get her on the stand.

1. What is the basis for this lawsuit against Jews for biblical 'plunder'?

The basis for this lawsuit is a claim that Jews have unlawfully taken possession of land and artifacts that are mentioned in the Bible. The plaintiffs argue that these items are rightfully owned by Christians and that Jews have no legal right to them.

2. Who is behind this lawsuit?

The lawsuit is being brought by a group of Christian activists and scholars who believe that Jews have historically taken advantage of their religious texts to justify their actions, including the possession of certain lands and artifacts. They argue that this behavior is in violation of international law and human rights.

3. What specific lands and artifacts are being targeted in this lawsuit?

Some of the lands and artifacts mentioned in the Bible that are being targeted in this lawsuit include the city of Jerusalem, the Temple Mount, and various other holy sites in Israel and the West Bank. The plaintiffs also seek to reclaim various ancient artifacts and religious objects that are currently in the possession of Jewish individuals and organizations.

4. How does this lawsuit plan to prove their case?

The plaintiffs plan to use historical evidence and legal arguments to prove that the lands and artifacts in question were originally owned by Christians and that Jews have unlawfully taken possession of them. They will also likely cite international laws and human rights principles to support their case.

5. What are the potential outcomes of this lawsuit?

If the lawsuit is successful, the court may order Jews to return certain lands and artifacts to the plaintiffs. This could have significant political and religious implications for both Jews and Christians in the region. However, it is also possible that the court may dismiss the case if it determines that the plaintiffs do not have a valid legal claim.