Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Layman Needing Research Info

1. Dec 24, 2007 #1
    Hello there. This is my first post here but just spent the last couple of hours browsing the forums. There seems to be some pretty smart people here and so I would like enlist their help in helping me understand some of the principles of time and space.

A little background; My name is Nick Dismas, I am 24 and live in Manchester, England. I am working to become a freelance writer and illustrator and at the moment I have an idea for a story that I am interested in pursuing. At the moment though that's all it is; an idea.

In a nutshell you might say it's a time travel story, and so it is this the main area I'm looking for information. I've spent the past few weeks reading various texts but to my right-handed brain this has raised more questions than it's answered. I get the feeling that by mentioning that I want to develop a time travel story that there will be a collective groan across the forum, but I hope you'll understand that the time travel is merely a vehicle for a more character driven plot-line. However, I want to make sure that this story if based as much on science-fact (or at least credible science-theory) as possible.

I feel like I'm rambling. Sorry.

So, to start with; I think I've settled on wormholes as the method for the (backwards) time travel. Our highly advanced far-future selves developing the ability to fabricate and sustain an Einstein-Rosen bridge (that right?) and move through it to other points in space and time.

First question; how would you expect to be able to determine a given point in space and time and how accurate would you expect this determination to be?

Okay, that was two questions, but you get the idea.

Okay... go!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted