Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Layman's LQG book?

1. Nov 30, 2007 #1
    I am interested in loop quantum gravity but am just a college freshman so have none of the mathematical background to learn about it. Are there any "layman's" books out there on LQG, in the same vein of Universe in a Nutshell, The Elegant Universe, etc?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2007 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  4. Dec 5, 2007 #3
    Was just going to recommend that exact book. Picked it up in a charity shop as thought it looked vaguely interesting.

Got round to reading it as some bedtime reading and some parts - although not mathematical at all - prove somewhat useful in tutorial discussions.

Gordon

5. Dec 5, 2007 #4
    I can further recommend Three Roads to Quantum Gravity, but then, I haven't come across many books wholly about LQG. It is a good, interesting read, if a little hard to get through at some points - not on any sort of mathematical level, but if I remember correctly, you'll find some parts difficult if you don't make sure you understand as you're reading. enjoy.

6. Dec 19, 2007 #5
    Thank you very much for the recommendation. I picked it up the other day and am finding it very fascinating :)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook