LC and LRC circuits

• Thread starter carold
  • Start date
Homework Statement:
A 300-V dc power sup- ply is used to charge a 25-μF capacitor. After the capacitor is fully charged, it is disconnected from the power supply and connected across a 10-mH inductor (at t = 0).
(a) Assume that the resistance in the circuit is negligible. Apply Kirchhoff’s loop rule to to find the capacitor charge, q(t), and the current, i(t).
Find the frequency and period of oscillation of the circuit. Find the magnetic energy and elec- tricenergyatt=0andt=1.2ms.
Relevant Equations:
How do I use Kirchoff's rule here?
Problem Statement: A 300-V dc power sup- ply is used to charge a 25-μF capacitor. After the capacitor is fully charged, it is disconnected from the power supply and connected across a 10-mH inductor (at t = 0).
(a) Assume that the resistance in the circuit is negligible. Apply Kirchhoff’s loop rule to to find the capacitor charge, q(t), and the current, i(t).
Find the frequency and period of oscillation of the circuit. Find the magnetic energy and electric energy at t=0 and t=1.2ms.
Relevant Equations: How do I use Kirchoff's rule in this example?
I calculated natural angular frequency, got f=320 Hz and T =1/f =3.1 ms
I also know how to calculate magnetic and electric energy having I and q
I just need help with the Kirchoff's rule.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to the PF.

We do not allow homework questions with no effort shown. Please make an attempt at the questions, so that we can offer tutorial help. Thanks.

Welcome to the PF.

We do not allow homework questions with no effort shown. Please make an attempt at the questions, so that we can offer tutorial help. Thanks.
I'm sorry, I just fixed it

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
What is Kirchoff’s loop rule as you understand it?