1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lear physics with mathematics.

1. May 25, 2013 #1
    Hello
    I would like to know if there are any good textbooks that can teach mathematics in relationship to physics or explain the usage of popular physical formulæ. I am a hobbyist and I need to have a better understanding of the Calculus problems that I am dealing with while I am working on fluxgate magnetometer - based project.

I found this:

Mathematics for Physics I
    Michael Stone
    and
    Paul Goldbart

Are there any better textbooks out there?
    I still cannot forget the Sheldon Axler precalculus textbook I had used in high school. I wish that all textbooks for all disciplines are written like this.

I don't need mathematical examples from any other disciplines. I don't consider economics a hard science for example.

2. jcsd
  3. May 26, 2013 #2
    I have:
    Mathematics for Physics I
    Michael Stone and Paul Goldbart

I cannot understand a lot of things in this book.
    I need a simpler textbook.

I took calculus 13 years ago in college and I entirely forgot it because of no use.
    I never took physics, only economics and other not very hard sciences.

I want to learn everything that surrounds physics. Nobody used physics to teach mathematics?
    I am not looking for a school/college textbook loaded with exercises. I just want to learn how things are written and where they are coming from.

I need it for work.

Is there any good book that you can recommend me to remind me of how things are written and how they work?

Thank you.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook