Lear physics with mathematics.

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a textbook that teaches mathematics in relation to physics and explains the usage of popular physical formulas. They mention the book "Mathematics for Physics I" by Michael Stone and Paul Goldbart, but are wondering if there are any better options. They also mention wanting a simpler textbook and not being able to understand everything in the current book they have. They mention taking calculus in college but forgetting it and only having a background in economics and other non-hard sciences. They express a desire to learn more about physics and inquire about a good book recommendation for understanding how things in physics are written and work.
tarakan
Hello
I would like to know if there are any good textbooks that can teach mathematics in relationship to physics or explain the usage of popular physical formulæ. I am a hobbyist and I need to have a better understanding of the Calculus problems that I am dealing with while I am working on fluxgate magnetometer - based project.

I found this:

Mathematics for Physics I
Michael Stone
and
Paul Goldbart

Are there any better textbooks out there?
I still cannot forget the Sheldon Axler precalculus textbook I had used in high school. I wish that all textbooks for all disciplines are written like this.

I don't need mathematical examples from any other disciplines. I don't consider economics a hard science for example.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have:
Mathematics for Physics I
Michael Stone and Paul Goldbart

I cannot understand a lot of things in this book.
I need a simpler textbook.I took calculus 13 years ago in college and I entirely forgot it because of no use.
I never took physics, only economics and other not very hard sciences.

I want to learn everything that surrounds physics. Nobody used physics to teach mathematics?
I am not looking for a school/college textbook loaded with exercises. I just want to learn how things are written and where they are coming from.

I need it for work.

Is there any good book that you can recommend me to remind me of how things are written and how they work?

Thank you.

Last edited:

1. What is the importance of learning physics with mathematics?

The combination of physics and mathematics allows for a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It also enables scientists to make accurate predictions and solve complex problems.

2. What are some key concepts in physics that require knowledge of mathematics?

Some key concepts in physics that require knowledge of mathematics include mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics. These areas of study involve mathematical equations and calculations to describe and explain various phenomena.

3. How does learning mathematics help in understanding physics theories?

Mathematics provides a precise and universal language for describing and quantifying physical phenomena. It helps in formulating and testing theories, making predictions, and analyzing experimental data.

4. Can physics be understood without mathematics?

While some basic concepts in physics can be understood without mathematics, a deeper understanding and application of the subject requires knowledge of mathematics. Many complex physical theories and equations cannot be fully comprehended without a solid mathematical foundation.

5. How can one improve their understanding of physics through mathematics?

One can improve their understanding of physics through mathematics by practicing and applying mathematical concepts to solve physics problems. It is also helpful to read and study textbooks that integrate both subjects and seek guidance from a teacher or tutor.