Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learn Chinese

1. May 16, 2009 #1
    Anybody interested in learning Chinese? I am thinking of studying Chinese in China. If you have any good suggestion do let me know. I am looking for a program that has solid, interesting and fun teaching..

thank you..

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2009 #2
    "Chinese" is not a language, sir.

4. May 16, 2009 #3
    Chinese is a language, albeit a written one. The writing system is universal across China. Mandarin and Cantonese are dialects.

5. May 16, 2009 #4
    I don't know if you would expect the same as a student but I hear there are several of those english teaching job placement agencies that are scams. So be careful of the school or agency that you go through.

6. May 16, 2009 #5
    Yes, I knew someone who moved to Hong Kong to teach English near there. Type in TEFL into a search engine (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)- that's a good place to start, because I think you have to meet certain standards to be listed there.

7. May 18, 2009 #6
    Make your destination to Kunming, a nice place in China having comfortable weather around the year. My friends brother also stays over there and studying at Minds Abroad.

8. May 18, 2009 #7
    Thank you guys for giving me suggestions....
    Hey ransi07, tell me more about the "Minds Abroad"...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook