Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning about electronics

1. Oct 27, 2006 #1
    I am just learning about electronics
    Is there a site
    that describes what each component in a circuit does
    with arrows describing electron flow
    and what it is doing along the way?
    I need diagrams.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2006 #2
    To what extend are you trying to get? You can always check out a library book.
  4. Oct 28, 2006 #3
    Have a look at the thread I made above. It's got a book recommendation in it about electronics. The thread is the Interpretation of existing circuit one :wink:
  5. Oct 29, 2006 #4

Staff: Mentor

Wikipedia is a good website for learning about electronics. And the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill is an excellent beginning electronics book, and *well* worth the purchase price.
  6. Oct 29, 2006 #5
    You sold it to me mate. As soon as funds are available I'm grabbing a copy :cool:
  7. Oct 30, 2006 #6

Gold Member

Check out my website "Free Engineering Online" (link in sig). There are many links in the electronics section. There is also some links in the 'Links" section that points to a free software simulator applet that allows to build circuits and simulate them. It also shows the direction of current, etc. Its great!
  8. Oct 30, 2006 #7
    ranger>>> thankS!! i can't believe it ! i can actually watch lectures on signals and systems! very useful!!
  9. Nov 1, 2006 #8
    A great link indeed Mr. Ranger sir :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?