1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning Electrical Engineering

1. Nov 19, 2014 #1
    I apologize in advance if my question is vague, but I am planning to become an electrical engineer and wish to give myself a big head start (if possible) I have already read https://www.physicsforums.com/index.php?posts/4828192 and I have been though physics in high school, so I have a basic understanding of electricity. Unfortunately, based on what I do know, I feel I have a long way to go. I'm hoping for a book or free website, (not a paid course), to forward my learning. I would be happy with: electricity textbooks, videos, PDFs, etc.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2014 #2
  4. Nov 20, 2014 #3
    I would just focus on your math right now, like basic linear algebra which comes up a lot in EE studies.

This might be too much...but you could buy a set of resitors, LEDs, and a breadboard. Grab yourself a cheap digital multimeter and then you could get a more intuitive feel for what's going on in a basic circuit. That helped me, it may not help others.

Do you know any programming languages?

Just read that you would rather not pay for a course. What is your math and physics background? That could help better determine the next topic to look at in EE.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook