Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning Matlab

1. Jul 6, 2008 #1
    Hey!, I'm starting university soon and there we have to use a little Matlab. I have never programmed before, so I was wondering if you guys knew of any good texts for a beginner?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2008 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Boat loads of tutorials online.....Google Matlab Tutorials.

4. Jul 7, 2008 #3

zyh

Matlab Tutorials in
    http://amath.colorado.edu/computing/Matlab/tutorials.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  5. Jul 8, 2008 #4
    MATLAB is pretty easy as a programming language, but when in university try to do a computer science paper which focuses on programming. It will just make your university life a whole lot simpler when you understand 'object-orientated' programming.

6. Jul 10, 2008 #5
    I say start out with something with a high level of abstraction such as Python. You would also benefit from learning Java or C# as your first language. It depends on what your school offers in its intro. CS course. MATLAB is then pretty easy to learn. If you're dead-set on learning it, then you might as well Google search Matlab Tutotials as Dr. Transport said. Good luck!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook