Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning Matlab

1. Jul 6, 2008 #1
    Hey!, I'm starting university soon and there we have to use a little Matlab. I have never programmed before, so I was wondering if you guys knew of any good texts for a beginner?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2008 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Boat loads of tutorials online.....Google Matlab Tutorials.
  4. Jul 7, 2008 #3

5. Jul 8, 2008 #4
    MATLAB is pretty easy as a programming language, but when in university try to do a computer science paper which focuses on programming. It will just make your university life a whole lot simpler when you understand 'object-orientated' programming.
  6. Jul 10, 2008 #5
    I say start out with something with a high level of abstraction such as Python. You would also benefit from learning Java or C# as your first language. It depends on what your school offers in its intro. CS course. MATLAB is then pretty easy to learn. If you're dead-set on learning it, then you might as well Google search Matlab Tutotials as Dr. Transport said. Good luck!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?