1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Learning physics and maths

1. Jul 22, 2017 #1
    Hi,
    I am really very interested in learning physics and becoming researcher or scientist.
    But I have few problems like
    • I am not good at maths at all
    • I can remember formulas and constants value.
    • I am not at all interested in electricity and magnetism.
    • I don't really know what am I good at.
    • I don't know what physics am I interested in.(I want to solve mysteries of space-time.)
    • I am small to clearly understand quantum mechanics.
    I don't have enough resource.
    Please give me advice . I am school student and therefore can't give all my time to physics.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2017 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

What kind of student or what level right now are you? You might be young and have time to develop, through other science and engineering courses. Highschooler? Learn college preparatory Mathematics for all of your high school years, and do at least one physical science course. For any physical science including Physics, you must learn Algebra, Trigonometry, and some Calculus. No way around it.

Your practical skills (if any) are important for you to help make a decision about interests which can combine with Physics OR any other sciences. This is partly how you develop.

4. Jul 23, 2017 #3
    I am in class 10 I mainly like things related to quantum and cosmology or astrophysics. But I am not sure.

5. Jul 23, 2017 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Members here do not understand, "class 10". One would assume this is something below "high school" level.

The question of your practical skills and current interests are, what practical experiences do you have, and what do you know how to do about repair, construction, or designing of assemblages, equipment, or things you build. This is a wide-ranging question, like anything from forming pottery, cabinet-making, automotive maintenance, or traditional photography techniques.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted