1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning Physics

1. Oct 29, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I am currently a student in AP Physics. I enjoy the subject but I can not seem to grasp concepts and work on problems in a timely manner. When I work on homework, I can understand what I do some of the time, but when exam time comes, I tend to do poorly and I remember how to solve problems after the exams. I would like some advice on learning physics. Any input is desired.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Practice, practice, practice.
    There are very few original questions and the same techniques come up in every exam when you learn how to spot them - so do lots of past papers.

4. Oct 30, 2008 #3
    So, working a lot of practice problems and observing the common trends would be an ideal way?

5. Oct 30, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes - it's a bit like a crossword,you have to recognise the type of question.

The question isn't going to come out and say "use conservation of energy/momentum to find this" or "you can ignore friction/weight of the spring" etc, you have to recognise the question.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?