Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning programming

1. Sep 15, 2016 #1
    I WANT TO ASK YOU THAT I HAVE LEARNED SCRATCH AS I AM KID OF 17 AND BEGINNER IN PROGRAMMING.
    I LEARN SCRATCH TO DESIGN BEFORE BUILDING,SOLVE PROBLEMS CREATIVELY.

NEXT I AM LEARNING C++ AND FINDING DIFFICULTY WRITING PROGRAMS LIKE ARMSTRONG NUMBER SO I SHOULD LEARN PYTHON BEFORE C++ .
    I AKSED I HAVE LEARNT SCRATCH

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Take a look at the Processing.org website there are many resources there to learn Java using the processing framework. Its designed for students in your situation who want to learn and yet want to do interesting things quickly.

There are many examples to try and you can start by tweeking them (changing small stuff) to see what happens and then extend them to do more exciting stuff. There are tutorials available and there are library extensions for writing android apps, games, ai and more in their downloadable packages pulldown.

Java is easier than C/C++ to learn and is quite pervasive in the web and mobile technology world so you'd be preparing yourself for the future.

Processing also has a Python mode that is based on Jython (ie Python on Java) with many examples (not as many as for Java) to try.

4. Sep 15, 2016 #3
    thanks 1 more thing i wanted to ask you can you tell me names of processing frameworks for high school students mam because there diffrent processing framework for high school students and software engineers

once again thanks

5. Sep 15, 2016 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Did you go to the site processing.org?

Its an integrated development environment, an IDE meaning it can help you write your code, run your code and debug your code. It can also install library modules for doing more custom things.

Theres no separate versions for students and engineers. Processing is used at many universities to teach introductory programming in Java.

6. Sep 16, 2016 #5
    okay thanks once again i got it

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted