Leaving for College: Who Else is Going Back to School?

• Thread starter Gza
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, the speaker is informing others that they will be leaving for UCSB today and will not be able to use the forum for a week or two. They mention being excited about going back to school and ask if anyone else has gone back to school and where. They also mention being in LU (Laurentian University) and recommend stopping at Madonna Inn in SLO for a piece of banana creme pie. They end by saying they will miss everyone and to say hi to their hometown when passing through.
Gza
Hey guys, just wanted to let yall know i'll be taking off to UCSB today. I probably won't be on the forum for a week or two, since I probably won't be able to use the computer for that time, but i'll be sure to post tons of pictures when I do come back here. Anyone else here went back to school, and if so, which school? I'm really stoked about going...whoops I need to get packing, I have to leave in two hours, bye bye everyone, i'll miss you all! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
i'm in LU here (laurentian university, #1 in mining games, we demolish the competition haha)

Say HI to my hometown of Santa Maria when you pass through! :biggrin: Stop and have a piece of banana creme pie at Madonna Inn in SLO for me, too!:wink: YUM!

We'll be waiting for you!

1. What should I pack for college?

It's important to pack the essentials such as clothes, toiletries, bedding, school supplies, and any necessary electronics. You should also consider the climate and location of your college when packing.

2. What documents do I need to bring?

Make sure to bring your driver's license or state ID, social security card, health insurance card, and any necessary school documents such as your acceptance letter or financial aid information.

3. How should I handle homesickness?

Homesickness is a normal feeling when leaving for college. It's important to stay connected with friends and family through phone calls or video chats, join clubs or organizations, and reach out to your college's counseling services if needed.

4. How do I manage my finances while in college?

Create a budget and stick to it. Consider getting a part-time job or applying for scholarships and grants. Avoid using credit cards for unnecessary purchases and prioritize your spending.

5. What advice do you have for making friends in college?

Be open to meeting new people and getting involved on campus. Attend orientation events, join clubs or organizations, and participate in class discussions. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and be yourself.