LeBron goes to Miami

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Main Question or Discussion Point

This is the first time I've heard of a free agent holding a one hour TV show to announce who he was going to play for.

I didn't watch it, but the reaction to the decision is more interesting than the signing itself: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Comic Sans Serif? He must be really mad! I mean really, really mad! I've never seen the owner of a company mad enough to use Comic Sans Serif before!

And his comment: "Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there. "

Wait! James had to live and play in Cleveland! I'm pretty sure living in Cleveland is the equivalent of dying.

Ah, Cleveland sports fans have a new chapter in their sports history. They have The Catch, Ten Cent Beer Night, Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, The Move, The Mesa, and now The Decision.

Answers and Replies

They also have The 2-bit Schmuck. Dan Gilbert, take a bow.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
He's not as bad as one of their past owners: Ted Stepien.

Ted Stepien was the inspiration for the famous WKRP Thanksgiving episode.

To celebrate buying the Cavaliers, he threw softballs from the tallest building in Cleveland, breaking one man's wrist, fracturing a woman's cheek bone, shattering the window of a car, not to mention the sprained ankles and other minor injuries incurred as the fans fled in a panic.

I don't know about that Cleveland statment Bob, I have been there more then a few times, and indeed it is a bit like dying.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Taking another look at that letter, he really has a thing for quotation marks, doesn't he.

Dembadon
Gold Member
Taking another look at that letter, he really has a thing for quotation marks, doesn't he.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think he really understands what it means when they're used in that manner.

Last edited:
Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow, that letter reads like the spiteful reply to a Dear John letter. I wonder if he treats all of his ex-girlfriends that way?

cronxeh
Gold Member
OMG I can't believe how little I care about any of this

Dembadon
Gold Member
OMG I can't believe how little I care about any of this
You care enough to have made a post in the thread. :wink:

cronxeh
Gold Member
I know :cry: I am filled with self loathing about that