Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LED with built-in FF?

1. Nov 1, 2006 #1
    Does anyone know if there is such a thing?
    I need a bar-graph LED with a FF built-in. The only ones I could find on digikey is a regular 10-diode LED, but I need something that would latch or hold that value until the enable changes.... I could use a regular one in combination with a D-FF, but it would be nice to have something internal instead.

Thanks in advance...

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I've see LEDs with built-in resistors, and LED displays with built-in latches, but not individual LEDs or bar graphs with built-in latches. I don't think there's much demand for that function.

4. Nov 1, 2006 #3
    I guess LED display with a built-in latch might work.... Do you happen to know a part-number or what key-word I should search for to find it?
    Thanks, berkeman

5. Nov 1, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

The old HP HDSP-07xx and -08xx and -09xx hex displays had a built-in decoder/driver/memory feature (another vendor makes them now). Just go to Digikey.com and do a search on HDSP-0, to get a list of the ones they carry. They're dang expensive though, so that may motivate you to brew your own with separate logic after all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?