Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Left Behind - the video game for kids

1. May 31, 2006 #1
    Here's a interesting, and very disturbing, new development from the Left Behind novel people.
    http://www.talk2action.org/story/2006/5/29/195855/959 (warning - disturbing, extremist website)

You assume this is obviously a hoax, something from the Onion? In that case, even MSNBC fell for it:

Official website - http://www.leftbehindgames.com/pages/press_room.php

Our European friends might be surprised to know that this is not a tiny fringe group in the states - the "Left Behind" novels have sold 40 million copies here.

(via Mark Trodden at Cosmic Variance)
  2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2006 #2

Homework Helper

Shouldn't they call this game the new crusades?
  4. May 31, 2006 #3
  5. May 31, 2006 #4
    Is it bad if I think that game sounds fun?
  6. May 31, 2006 #5

Gold Member

The white van is waiting for you (Rach) from, now on i would be paranoid about bed bed bugs and hidden cameras.
  7. May 31, 2006 #6

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

8. May 31, 2006 #7

Gold Member

uhhh.... this did happen already and there wasn't as much as a 30 second news clip on the media.

haha its funny (yet predictable) how you're acting like this game has already sold 80 billion copies and people are playing it on big screens in churches already and that only extremist WACO types buy the game. And who cares what europeans think. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Last edited: May 31, 2006
  9. May 31, 2006 #8
    No wonder these games are Left Behind
  10. May 31, 2006 #9

Gold Member

11. May 31, 2006 #10

Gold Member

I sure hope FF is on.
  12. May 31, 2006 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's just highly ironic that it's being marketed to the very same people who usually, very vocally denounce violent video games.
  13. May 31, 2006 #12
    This game is for people who are "left behind" at school.

Anyway , even my mother has the series.......:yuck:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?