Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Left or Right brain visual test

1. Dec 13, 2007 #1
    this is supposed to be visual test on if you are mainly left brained or right brained, it a woman spinning around a point, and if you see it spinning clockwise, you are right brain, if you see it anticlockwise, you are left brained.

It nearly always goes right for me. I'm not sure how accurate is is, i just wanna see if people are divided evenly, or if most people see it going clockwise aswell.

check it out; http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/brain/brain.html

what are you, left or right?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2007 #2
    I'm "right" brained according to this experiment.

4. Dec 13, 2007 #3
    I see her spinning counter-clockwise. I am unable to see her spinning any other direction. Can you manage to see her spinning in either direction?

This experiment says I'm left-brained. That's a shocker to me.

5. Dec 13, 2007 #4

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

According to the result I'm anencephalic.

Sorry. I skewed up the test. Or however you spell it.

6. Dec 13, 2007 #5
    Hmm, when I look at her in my peripheral vision she begins to spin clockwise. As soon as I focus on her she spins counter-clockwise. Interesting.

Ok, I can already make her spin either direction at will. That didn't take long.
    I wonder if she is single.

7. Dec 13, 2007 #6
    it's funny they used a nude 'attractive' woman for the test

I can see it either way

8. Dec 13, 2007 #7
    She spun clockwise first, and then started doing it the other way.

9. Dec 13, 2007 #8

Mk

I just saw this two days ago.

And it seriously freaked me out.
    Because it's both. I'm guessing conflicting signals are both being sent in my brain at the same time.

Also, sometimes it seems like she's oscillating in a way like a vibration.

I also immediately got the idea to try control her spinning, and had some success.

10. Dec 13, 2007 #9
    IT would be even more unusual if they used a generically unattractive figure. At least I find this one pleasing to focus on.

Perhaps that explains so many right brain tendencies. The subject matter might offset the results.

If I stare consistently at the image it is difficult for me to change her direction. If I close my eyes for about 2 or 3 seconds and think about an object spinning clockwise, then open my eyes, she is almost always spinning that direction, and vice versa.

11. Dec 13, 2007 #10

Mk

I believe the idea was to make her similar to a ballerina. i.e. skintight, spinning

12. Dec 13, 2007 #11
    She shifts from clockwise to counterclockwise and back every 15 seconds or so. I consider myself to be equal parts left and right brained. My wife brained me left and right too when she caught me staring at the nude woman.

13. Dec 13, 2007 #12
    I hope at least you invited her to take a peek also. Tell her it will turn into David HAsselhof or something.

14. Dec 13, 2007 #13
    I just wonder how much of interpreting 'which way' she spins has to do with it be an attractive nude (esp. in men looking)--for the left or right brain.---like Huckleberry states.

--ballerina in skin tight tights?---yeah--sure!!

15. Dec 13, 2007 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Your left brain is your analytical, logical, rational brain. It is also the one that controls the right hand. Most people are left-brained.

You right brain is the fluffy one.

16. Dec 13, 2007 #15

DaveC426913

Gold Member

That's not the figure of any ballerina I've seen.

17. Dec 13, 2007 #16
    It started couter-clockwise for me, so I'm apparenly left brained, but I figured out how to make it switch directions on will.

18. Dec 13, 2007 #17
    The picture just changes direction every so often, its random. I was staring at it for 5min, then it changed, so I opened two different browsers that generated the pictures at different speeds and looked at both at the same time, one would spin one way, the other, the other way, and moved the browsers to opposite sides as well.

Nevermind, everytime I look down and up again, it changes, so weird. Its like changing with my eyes, like I am using my mind to change the direction.

19. Dec 13, 2007 #18
    Really? I just change the direction by realizing that every path is actually the other direction in a different stage of the rotation.

20. Dec 13, 2007 #19

stewartcs

Science Advisor

Yeah I saw her spinning right at first, then made her spin left...what does that mean??

21. Dec 13, 2007 #20
    I presume that means that your brain is about equal on each side, so one side is not dominant over the other, so it will switch depending on which side of the brain you are engaging when looking at it. There probably a technical term for it, i just dont know it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?