Left or Right brain visual test

In summary, the conversation was about a visual test to determine if a person is left-brained or right-brained. The test involved a woman spinning clockwise or counterclockwise and the results would indicate whether the person is left or right-brained. Some people were surprised by their results and others questioned the accuracy of the test. There was also discussion about the use of an attractive nude woman in the test and how it may affect the results. Some participants were able to control the direction of the woman's spin and others noticed that it would switch direction randomly. There was also mention of different techniques to make the woman spin in a certain direction. Overall, the conversation delved into the different functions of the left and right brain and how it
PlasmaSphere
this is supposed to be visual test on if you are mainly left brained or right brained, it a woman spinning around a point, and if you see it spinning clockwise, you are right brain, if you see it anticlockwise, you are left brained.

It nearly always goes right for me. I'm not sure how accurate is is, i just want to see if people are divided evenly, or if most people see it going clockwise aswell.

check it out; http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/brain/brain.html [Broken]

what are you, left or right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm "right" brained according to this experiment.

I see her spinning counter-clockwise. I am unable to see her spinning any other direction. Can you manage to see her spinning in either direction?

This experiment says I'm left-brained. That's a shocker to me.

According to the result I'm anencephalic.

Sorry. I skewed up the test. Or however you spell it.

Hmm, when I look at her in my peripheral vision she begins to spin clockwise. As soon as I focus on her she spins counter-clockwise. Interesting.

Ok, I can already make her spin either direction at will. That didn't take long.
I wonder if she is single.

it's funny they used a nude 'attractive' woman for the test

I can see it either way

Last edited:
She spun clockwise first, and then started doing it the other way.

I just saw this two days ago.

And it seriously freaked me out.
Because it's both. I'm guessing conflicting signals are both being sent in my brain at the same time.

Also, sometimes it seems like she's oscillating in a way like a vibration.

I also immediately got the idea to try control her spinning, and had some success.

Last edited:
rewebster said:
it's funny they used a nude 'attractive' woman for the test

I can see it either way
IT would be even more unusual if they used a generically unattractive figure. At least I find this one pleasing to focus on.

Perhaps that explains so many right brain tendencies. The subject matter might offset the results.

If I stare consistently at the image it is difficult for me to change her direction. If I close my eyes for about 2 or 3 seconds and think about an object spinning clockwise, then open my eyes, she is almost always spinning that direction, and vice versa.

Last edited:
a nude 'attractive' woman for the test
I believe the idea was to make her similar to a ballerina. i.e. skintight, spinning

She shifts from clockwise to counterclockwise and back every 15 seconds or so. I consider myself to be equal parts left and right brained. My wife brained me left and right too when she caught me staring at the nude woman.

jimmysnyder said:
She shifts from clockwise to counterclockwise and back every 15 seconds or so. I consider myself to be equal parts left and right brained. My wife brained me left and right too when she caught me staring at the nude woman.
I hope at least you invited her to take a peek also. Tell her it will turn into David HAsselhof or something.

I just wonder how much of interpreting 'which way' she spins has to do with it be an attractive nude (esp. in men looking)--for the left or right brain.---like Huckleberry states.

--ballerina in skin tight tights?---yeah--sure!

Huckleberry said:
I see her spinning counter-clockwise. I am unable to see her spinning any other direction. Can you manage to see her spinning in either direction?

This experiment says I'm left-brained. That's a shocker to me.

Your left brain is your analytical, logical, rational brain. It is also the one that controls the right hand. Most people are left-brained.

You right brain is the fluffy one.

rewebster said:
--ballerina in skin tight tights?---yeah--sure!

That's not the figure of any ballerina I've seen.

It started couter-clockwise for me, so I'm apparenly left brained, but I figured out how to make it switch directions on will.

The picture just changes direction every so often, its random. I was staring at it for 5min, then it changed, so I opened two different browsers that generated the pictures at different speeds and looked at both at the same time, one would spin one way, the other, the other way, and moved the browsers to opposite sides as well.

Nevermind, everytime I look down and up again, it changes, so weird. Its like changing with my eyes, like I am using my mind to change the direction.

Really? I just change the direction by realizing that every path is actually the other direction in a different stage of the rotation.

Yeah I saw her spinning right at first, then made her spin left...what does that mean??

stewartcs said:
Yeah I saw her spinning right at first, then made her spin left...what does that mean??

I presume that means that your brain is about equal on each side, so one side is not dominant over the other, so it will switch depending on which side of the brain you are engaging when looking at it. There probably a technical term for it, i just don't know it.

It spins both ways for me.

Here's another funny aspect---when I watch her (not it) outside foot, she appears to spin counter-clock----------when I look at the area around the hips up to around the chest, she goes clockwise--------then when I look at the head area, she's back to spin counter-clock wise. I guess that sort of follows for me the different 'functions' on the left side of the page.

Last edited:
I spent so much time trying to figure out how it worked, that I can't remember which way I initially saw it spinning. I find its easiest to get it to switch direction if you pause it, and decide which way you want to see it. There is also a white line when her leg spins to the right, that, undoubtedly, when you pause it, he body is turning toward the left, (anticlockwise). Perhaps that's why it means attention to detail? The shadow also affects which direction it seems to turn, and makes it easier to watch it just bounce back and forth.

Anyway, I think its odd that you can see her nips... looks like a boob job.

PlasmaSphere said:
I presume that means that your brain is about equal on each side, so one side is not dominant over the other, so it will switch depending on which side of the brain you are engaging when looking at it. There probably a technical term for it, i just don't know it.

Whoo, that's good to know...I thought I was half woman there for a minute! :rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
Your left brain is your analytical, logical, rational brain. It is also the one that controls the right hand. Most people are left-brained.

You right brain is the fluffy one.
I know. I have a great appreciation for my fluffy side, though I would use other adjectives for it. :smile: I was disappointed when I was, at first, unable to see her spin clockwise.

I see spinning both directions, but then I see the image stop and reverse in a oscillating peroidic semi-circular motion. Interesting.

PlasmaSphere said:

I think the technical term you're searching for is "bullsh*t." :wink:

How about this one:

http://www.healthyeyes.org.uk/uploads/pics/necker_cube.gif

If you see the yellow side facing outward, you're left-brained. If it's inward, you're right-brained. If it switches, you have a brain tumor.

right. Which is false. I find it impossible to see her spin the other way no matter how long I look.

Counter-clockwise.

I can see her spin clockwise if I try, but she still drops back into a counter-clockwise rotation after a few seconds.

When I was a kid, I used to love those signs that would rotate 180 degrees and then reverse direction (it was hard to rotate something in the same direction forever because of cable wrap). You'd try to figure out which way the sign was rotating, but eventually realize it was just going back and forth.

Last edited:
hypnagogue said:

How about this one:

http://www.healthyeyes.org.uk/uploads/pics/necker_cube.gif [Broken]

If you see the yellow side facing outward, you're left-brained. If it's inward, you're right-brained. If it switches, you have a brain tumor.

I must have a tumor.

hypnagogue said:
:rofl: If you see the green side facing inward you're color blind and if you see the blue side facing upward you're holding it wrong.

topherfox said:
The picture just changes direction every so often, its random. I was staring at it for 5min, then it changed, so I opened two different browsers that generated the pictures at different speeds and looked at both at the same time, one would spin one way, the other, the other way, and moved the browsers to opposite sides as well.

When I opened the page it was going clockwise, then after I had read through the list of things, she was spinning counter-clockwise. I hit refresh (so it reloads the gif) and it started spinning clockwise again.

What a crappy site.

hypnagogue said:

How about this one:

http://www.healthyeyes.org.uk/uploads/pics/necker_cube.gif [Broken]

Really? I have a brain tumor?

I have a brain tumor also, when I opened it my first thought was "upper left is yellow". Then I re-read what hynagogue wrote and realized that's not an option, so I looked at it again then saw it "inward" then wondered if it was outward, then it changed to outward, then I thought "inward" and it became inward.

I still say it is flat and yellow is the upper left. What's the evaluation of that?

I have a tumor too. :smile:

<h2>1. What is a left or right brain visual test?</h2><p>A left or right brain visual test is a type of test that measures an individual's dominant brain hemisphere based on their visual perception and processing abilities.</p><h2>2. How does a left or right brain visual test work?</h2><p>A left or right brain visual test typically involves a series of images or tasks that require the individual to use their visual skills. The results are then analyzed to determine which hemisphere of the brain is more dominant.</p><h2>3. What are the differences between left and right brain dominance?</h2><p>The left hemisphere of the brain is typically associated with logical and analytical thinking, while the right hemisphere is linked to creativity and intuition. Left brain dominant individuals tend to be more organized and detail-oriented, while right brain dominant individuals are often more imaginative and artistic.</p><h2>4. Can a person be equally left and right brain dominant?</h2><p>While one hemisphere of the brain may be more dominant, it is possible for individuals to have a balance between left and right brain functions. This is known as bilateral symmetry and is considered to be the ideal state for brain function.</p><h2>5. Are left or right brain visual tests accurate?</h2><p>Left or right brain visual tests can provide a general idea of an individual's dominant hemisphere, but they should not be considered as a definitive measure of brain dominance. Other factors such as genetics, environment, and individual experiences also play a role in brain function.</p>

1. What is a left or right brain visual test?

A left or right brain visual test is a type of test that measures an individual's dominant brain hemisphere based on their visual perception and processing abilities.

2. How does a left or right brain visual test work?

A left or right brain visual test typically involves a series of images or tasks that require the individual to use their visual skills. The results are then analyzed to determine which hemisphere of the brain is more dominant.

3. What are the differences between left and right brain dominance?

The left hemisphere of the brain is typically associated with logical and analytical thinking, while the right hemisphere is linked to creativity and intuition. Left brain dominant individuals tend to be more organized and detail-oriented, while right brain dominant individuals are often more imaginative and artistic.

4. Can a person be equally left and right brain dominant?

While one hemisphere of the brain may be more dominant, it is possible for individuals to have a balance between left and right brain functions. This is known as bilateral symmetry and is considered to be the ideal state for brain function.

5. Are left or right brain visual tests accurate?

Left or right brain visual tests can provide a general idea of an individual's dominant hemisphere, but they should not be considered as a definitive measure of brain dominance. Other factors such as genetics, environment, and individual experiences also play a role in brain function.