Experience the Artistry of "Legion": TV Show Set in the X-Men Universe

In summary, the conversation is about the TV show "Legion" which is set in the X-men universe. The participants discuss their opinions on the show, with one person praising it as a work of art and another agreeing. They also mention a particularly awesome part from the last episode and the use of techniques by the director to create a unique atmosphere. One person admits to not being familiar with the X-men universe but still enjoying the show, while another mentions having to catch up with the show with their boss.
JorisL
So does anybody watch the TV show Legion?[/PLAIN] [Broken]

It's set in a/the X-men universe from what I understand (I'm not too well versed in which different universes/spinoffs exist).
I don't consider myself to be a cinephile but this show is a work of art if you ask me.
I'm certain that I'll have to rewatch as I most often watch shows while doing other stuff be it reading fiction, drafting e-mails or reading more technical stuff.

What I can say is that the director uses a wealth of techniques to create a unique atmosphere unlike any I've encountered in any TV show or movie for that matter.

Last nights episode is particularly awesome. Those who watched it will know which part I'm talking about.

Anybody feels the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, I'm watching it too. I also think it's really great produced. Which special part from last nights episode are you talking about?
I haven't even watched X-Men, so i had to google the background story to find out about the original "Legion" Character in the X-Men universe...

Only seen the first two epis. Demanding Boss Lady catch up so we can watch it together.

kairosx said:
Hey, I'm watching it too. I also think it's really great produced. Which special part from last nights episode are you talking about?
I haven't even watched X-Men, so i had to google the background story to find out about the original "Legion" Character in the X-Men universe...

The silence was a great tool to build a captivating atmosphere.

What is "Legion" and what is it about?

"Legion" is a television show set in the X-Men universe, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It follows the story of David Haller, a mutant with schizophrenia who discovers that his mental illness may actually be a manifestation of his mutant powers.

Do I need to be familiar with the X-Men universe to enjoy "Legion"?

No, you do not need to be familiar with the X-Men universe to enjoy "Legion". While the show is set in the same universe and features some familiar characters, it also stands on its own and can be enjoyed by both fans and non-fans of the X-Men franchise.

Who are the main characters in "Legion"?

The main character is David Haller, played by Dan Stevens. Other main characters include Syd Barrett (Rachel Keller), Ptonomy Wallace (Jeremie Harris), Kerry Loudermilk (Amber Midthunder), and Melanie Bird (Jean Smart).

What makes "Legion" unique compared to other superhero shows?

"Legion" stands out for its highly stylized and surreal approach to storytelling, as well as its focus on mental health and psychological themes. It also features a diverse and talented cast, and has been praised for its visually stunning and thought-provoking episodes.

Is "Legion" connected to the X-Men movies?

Yes, "Legion" is set in the same universe as the X-Men movies and is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions. However, it is not directly connected to the events of the movies and exists in its own separate timeline.