Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lego motivational

Tags:
  1. Jul 13, 2016 #1

TheBlackAdder

Gold Member

Went to the attic and found these. It felt as a shot of nostalgia, reminding me not to grow up and to stay curious.
    V7oiPlV.jpg

Any other lego fans?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2016 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Sure! How couldn't I? The best toy for building creativity and imagination I ever saw. But I'm more a fan of a big box of many different bricks than I am of building a given model of, e.g. the space shuttle.

4. Jul 13, 2016 #3

TheBlackAdder

Gold Member

"You're too old to play with legos." is one thing I'm never going to tell my children. I really don't know or remember why I used to think that.

Improved the setup a little :)
    c0sRojB.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. Jul 13, 2016 #4

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Legos are awesome. And they really are the best toy out there. I still play with them when I've got nothing more productive to do :oldsmile:. I agree that a big box of bricks is better than the sets, but the sets come with unique pieces. I like to google search "fancy houses" and duplicate them with legos.

Actually, you can use legos to make practical things around the house, as well. I've got a pencil jar on my desk made of legos, for example.

6. Jul 13, 2016 #5

TheBlackAdder

Gold Member

Hmm, now that's an idea.

7. Jul 13, 2016 #6

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

8. Jul 13, 2016 #7

Ibix

Science Advisor

I once saw lego logic gates. They had one or two Technic axles sticking out one side, and you could shove them in for 1 and pull them out for 0. One axle on the other side moved in or out as a NOT, OR, AND, etc gate. There was too much slack in the system to chain them together, but in principle you could build a lego digital computer...

9. Jul 14, 2016 #8
    Legos are one of the most fun things I have ever played with, I remember making a basic single cylinder pneumatic piston engine some years ago and I felt pretty proud of myself. These NXT creations put it to shame though. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted