BIG box of Legos for Christmas

In summary, tribdog got moonbear a big box of Legos for Christmas. She is excited to start building things with them.
BobG said:
Do you mean aubergine?

The American word is much more descriptive. You can guess what it looks like just from the name.

Aubergine: http://home2.pi.be/eb349940/images/vers/aubergines.jpg
Egg: http://www.racetothetop.org/images/egg.jpg

You guys must have some perculiar shaped chickens over there

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah sellotape is like cellophane tape, gaffer tape is more like duct tape. I've used both to excess, it depends on the job which needs doing!

But you don't have blu-tak? You're missing out!

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Not that I know of.

Don't worry Moonbear, you're not missing out on anything...unless you've never seen chewing gum before. :rofl:

Hmmmm blu-tak doesn't taste nearly as nice as chewing gum...

brewnog said:
Hmmmm blu-tak doesn't taste nearly as nice as chewing gum...

Well, that's because it's tasteless. :biggrin:

The Wrigley Formula: Sprinkle sugar on some blu-tack, heat up, press and cut into shape, and you will have made your own chewing gum.

Legos? Legos! Yay! Where where?!?
Ok I'll be quiet because my dad actually got me some for Christmas when word got out my roommate and I bought a few for our dorm room. But seeing as I'm older he got one of those Lego robot sets so the cat keeps chasing after my new little robots...

The Lego Mindstorms are really neat.

My first Lego creation! (Don't laugh too hard. :tongue:)

From the front:
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/5319/legofront2lb.jpg

From the back (should I change the stairs to red? I don't have any pink Legos, so red would be the only color more "tongue-like" or would that be too obvious?):
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/5998/legoback1td.jpg

And a side view:
http://img62.exs.cx/img62/7397/legoside3gf.jpg

(P.S. Has anyone seen tribdog lately? That short note about forgetting the card is the last I've seen or heard from him in a few days. It's not like him to be so quiet.)

Let's hope his neighbor didn't find out what happened to her nail kit. She seemed a bit ill tempered.

He probably lost his internet connection/computer access. Monique was offline for a week recently due to trouble with her internet provider. Or he could have had an accident building that frozen brussel sprout trebuchet. :bugeye:

Nice creation. :approve:

Evo said:
Let's hope his neighbor didn't find out what happened to her nail kit. She seemed a bit ill tempered.

Oh dear! At least he had the nail kit, so she couldn't gouge his eyes out with fake fingernails. :bugeye:

He probably lost his internet connection/computer access. Monique was offline for a week recently due to trouble with her internet provider. Or he could have had an accident building that frozen brussel sprout trebuchet. :bugeye:

It's the brussel sprout trebuchet type accident I'm more worried about with him. But, yeah, it could be problems with his computer or internet access. It sounds like he had been having some trouble with one or both. If it was just one day, I'd have thought he just had to run off to Flagstaff for his paycheck again (at least it's a company truck he gets to drive there), but it's been a couple days, and he was pretty quiet even the days he was here.

Nice creation. :approve:

Thanks. :biggrin: I suspect the difference between adults playing with Legos and children playing with Legos is that adults actually put thought into the colors instead of just using any color that's the right shape for what they are trying to accomplish. I hadn't expected to find gray and light blue Legos in the box. There's also a light green color in there. I remember Legos just being blue, green, red, yellow, orange, black and white. Now there are shades of colors too. Very cool! :approve:

Green Lego? Nope, not in my day. The only green lego was the 'grass' and the trees, and I don't think I've ever seen orange Lego!

Perhaps Moonbear's childhood days weren't as long ago as she'd like us to believe?

brewnog said:
Green Lego? Nope, not in my day. The only green lego was the 'grass' and the trees, and I don't think I've ever seen orange Lego!

Perhaps Moonbear's childhood days weren't as long ago as she'd like us to believe?

I'm pretty sure there were green Legos when I was a kid. I'm less certain about orange, but there's orange in this set, and it didn't seem completely odd to me. But, since I never owned my own Legos until this week, I could be remembering wrong. But, no, I guess my childhood days weren't that long ago, since I'm still struggling to hang onto a few remnants of them. I don't plan on ever getting old despite whatever my birth certificate might say! :biggrin:

For what it's worth I was still young enough to be classified as just a kid playing with Legos five years ago and there were no real green blocks. Just green "grass" to build on, trees, flower stems, and the occasional flat piece.

Andromeda321 said:
For what it's worth I was still young enough to be classified as just a kid playing with Legos five years ago and there were no real green blocks. Just green "grass" to build on, trees, flower stems, and the occasional flat piece.

Maybe that's all I remember being green. I didn't get any "grass" to build on and kept wanting it. This set comes with instructions for building a dinosaur looking critter, so maybe that's why it has green pieces. The light green and light blue are definitely something new!

Andromeda321 said:
Legos? Legos! Yay! Where where?!?
Ok I'll be quiet because my dad actually got me some for Christmas when word got out my roommate and I bought a few for our dorm room. But seeing as I'm older he got one of those Lego robot sets so the cat keeps chasing after my new little robots...
Lucky Andromeda! I always wanted a Lego Mindstorm kit!
When I take my "mobile robots" class next semester I will build some little robot mice for my cat to chase. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Lucky Andromeda! I always wanted a Lego Mindstorm kit!
When I take my "mobile robots" class next semester I will build some little robot mice for my cat to chase. :biggrin:

Who needs mice when you have laser pointers! Ever watch a cat chasing the "point" from a laser pointer? It's hilarious! :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Who needs mice when you have laser pointers! Ever watch a cat chasing the "point" from a laser pointer? It's hilarious! :rofl:
I've got to get one of those. My cat needs exercise. Maybe the laser pointer would help get some aerobic activity going.

Did your kit come with any of the Lego people, MB? I always thought they were kinda funny looking - not quite as weird as those little Fisher Price "peg people", but still odd.

Nope, no Lego people in my kit. But, the thing my nephew gave me for Christmas, which didn't have any actual Legos in it, had a really ugly looking Lego person in it. You can switch between a diving helmet and black hair on him, or give him a skeleton head. Creepy looking thing.

I saw a week or so ago that the link to a non-official Smurfs cartoon had been removed on the grounds that this was a family-friendly forum.

While I'm not going to post the link, I strongly suggest that those of you over 18 *DON'T* have a quick google for, urm, adult Lego cartoons...

Can I do that?

Almost what I had in mind!