Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Leisure Books to Read

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    i never read any books(outside of schoolwork) before, so im trying to read 1 book from each classic author(then i would choose my favourite author). i am trying to choose the order in which to read the books. and so far i have only 3 authors, but i'll soon order more from the amazon so after the first 3, i dont know in what sequence to proceed.
    1. Maugham-Razor's Edge- almost finished and the book is great.
    2. Graham Greene- 3rd man and the fallen idol
    3. Theodore Dreiser- Sister Carrie

4. Colleen McCulough- Indecent Obsession (because it's only 336pages)
    5. Margaret Mitchell- Gone with The Wind (1000 pages)
    6. Archibald Cronin -Citadel (366pages)
    7. Dumas-Count of Monte Christo (1000+ pages)
    8. Sinclair Lewis- Arrowsmith (440p)
    9. Dickens- Tale of 2 cities
    10. Faulkner- Sound and Fury

So my goals are to improve my reading comprehension and so i have more things to discuss with people, but these 10 books are in total about 5000 pages, and i'll probably only read about 2500pages before the school starts, so i need the correct order! thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2
    read the one that sounds most interesting. repeat after finishing that one. i also have a big mountain of books that sit there unread but since i know it will all be interesting i just pick one & read it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?