Lennard Jones potential (analytic and numerical solutions)

Summary:

I'm starting a project in my lab where I need to make a program using the Lennard-Jones potential equation in Python. There also needs to be an output graph with the program showing the function. I'm having problems finding workable codes (I keep running into errors) that I could use for reference/analysis. I use jupyter Notebook running Python. Does anyone know a good site or have any advice on starting? (i'm fairly new to Python and somewhat new to programming in general)

Main Question or Discussion Point

Summary: I'm starting a project in my lab where I need to make a program using the Lennard-Jones potential equation in Python. There also needs to be an output graph with the program showing the function. I'm having problems finding workable codes (I keep running into errors) that I could use for reference/analysis. I use jupyter Notebook running Python. Does anyone know a good site or have any advice on starting? (i'm fairly new to Python and somewhat new to programming in general)

1571466720638.png

As of now I've been trying to figure out how much the following link (a Jupyter Notebook I came across) can help me...

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/urls/www.numfys.net/media/notebooks/lennard_jones_potential.ipynb
Please include as much detail and support material as possible.

Answers and Replies