Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem

• Thread starter charlies1902
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a Leontief model and the question of whether it is acceptable for cii to be greater than 1 for some i. The problem asks for both mathematical and real-world reasons for this. The speaker is unsure of how to answer the question but suggests that numbers greater than one may be allowed along the diagonal.
charlies1902
I attached the problem.

I honestly have no idea how to even go about solving this problem. If someone can give me a hint, that'd be great.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 373
Physics news on Phys.org
charlies1902 said:
I attached the problem.

I honestly have no idea how to even go about solving this problem. If someone can give me a hint, that'd be great.

Start by understanding what the problem is saying. You have a Leontief model of the form
[tex] \textbf{x} = C \textbf{x} + \textbf{d}, [/tex]
where d is external demand and C is the inter-sector internal demand matrix. The question is asking if it is OK to have cii > 1 for some i, and if not, why not.
It asks for both mathematical and real-world reasons.

RGV

Last edited:
I have read about the Leontief model but I still don't know how to answer the question. I think you should be able to have numbers greater than one along the diagnol

What is "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem"?

"Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" is a feature or tool that helps individuals or teams who are stuck on a problem or challenge by providing hints or suggestions to guide them towards finding a solution.

How does "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" work?

The exact process may vary, but generally, individuals or teams can request a hint or suggestion by clicking on a button or submitting a request. The tool will then provide a hint or suggestion based on the problem at hand, which can help guide the individual or team towards finding a solution.

What types of problems can "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" assist with?

"Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" can assist with a wide range of problems and challenges, including but not limited to scientific experiments, mathematical equations, coding challenges, and real-world problems in various fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

Is "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" always accurate?

The accuracy of the hints or suggestions provided by "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" depends on the quality and relevance of the information provided by the individual or team requesting the hint, as well as the effectiveness of the algorithm used by the tool. It is always best to carefully evaluate and test any hint or suggestion before relying on it completely.

Can "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" be used for group projects or collaborations?

Yes, "Stumped? Get a Hint for Solving the Problem" can be used for group projects or collaborations. The tool can provide hints or suggestions to the entire group, or individual members can request hints for their specific tasks or responsibilities within the project.