Why do some people have negative views towards the French?

• Thread starter cmdr_sponge
  • Start date
In summary, there has been a discussion about anti-French sentiment in some online threads. The conversation invited people to share their opinions about the French, both positive and negative. Some reasons for disliking the French were mentioned, such as their tendency to create rules but not follow them, and the perception that they think they are superior to others. However, it was also acknowledged that these are generalizations and do not apply to all French people. The conversation also brought up the idea that there might be French users on the website, so it is better not to target a specific nationality.

would an ocean look better on a map where france is?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
cmdr_sponge
this maybe a little after the event, but I'm sensing a bit of an anti french vibe in some of the threads. so i thought why not bring it out into the open.

so this is here to voice your opinions about the french, good or bad.

to get you started here's a few reasons why i don't like the french;

they create rules and don't abide by them
they are the only 'civilised' country where the mob still rules. the government can't do anything without risking a strike by someone, and when they do strike the block the ports so that mucks every1 esles lives up.

of course these are broad generalisations (thats a mighty long word hope i spelt it right) and they don't aplly to all french people. they shouldn't really even apply to the people. its just the mentality of the country that gets me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't stand the french because they give the impression that they think they are so much smarter and better than everyone else, they think there food is better, there drink there cars there cities, there football teams the list is endless. Another thing is that they are trying to conquer Europe by using the EU by getting everyone to have the same currency, language and i even heard (not sure how true this is) that they want to have a single armed force to represent all of the EU all of this of course would be run by the french because they are so much better than the rest of europe, personnally i think the Nazi's where more honest than the french are.

Oh and before anyone says this, I'm not racist I hate everyone!

Just a suggestion: but there might be French posters on this website but anyway it's better not to specifically target a particular race or nationality.

personnally i think the Nazi's where more honest than the french are.

It depends on how you define "honesty"

they create rules and don't abide by them

Unfortunetly, that's not limited to one country or one individual.

cmdr_sponge welcome to the forums. As good as your intentions might have been, this thread is offensive.

1. Why do some people have negative views towards the French?

There are a variety of reasons why some people may hold negative views towards the French. One reason could be cultural differences and misunderstandings, as different cultures may have different customs and norms that can be perceived negatively by others. Additionally, historical events such as wars or conflicts can also contribute to negative perceptions. Finally, media portrayal and stereotypes can also play a role in shaping negative views towards the French.

2. Are there any political or economic reasons for negative views towards the French?

Yes, there can be political and economic factors that contribute to negative views towards the French. For example, disagreements over trade policies or political ideologies can lead to tensions between different countries. Additionally, economic competition or perceived threats to job security can also contribute to negative attitudes towards the French.

3. Is it fair to generalize negative views towards the French to all French people?

No, it is not fair to generalize negative views towards the French to all French people. Just as with any other country or culture, there is a diverse range of individuals with different beliefs, values, and personalities within the French population. It is important to avoid stereotyping and recognize that individuals should be judged based on their actions and character, rather than their nationality.

4. How do historical events play a role in shaping negative views towards the French?

Historical events can have a significant impact on shaping negative views towards the French. For example, conflicts or wars between different countries can create resentment and animosity towards the French. Additionally, colonialism and imperialism in the past have also contributed to negative perceptions of the French in some parts of the world.

5. Can negative views towards the French be changed?

Yes, negative views towards the French can be changed through education, cultural exchange, and open-mindedness. By learning more about the French culture and history, individuals can gain a better understanding and appreciation for their differences. Engaging in respectful and meaningful dialogue can also help bridge the gap between different viewpoints and foster greater understanding and acceptance.