Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Let's Lock

1. Jul 1, 2005 #1
    The Stupid Quetions thread. No one knows how to play anymore and I hate to see the once magnificent Tower of Babel that it was whimpering and quivering like a stupified woodchuck hit by a car.

Discuss.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's to discuss? I agree. I haven't been posting in that thread for ages. It got tiring having to remind people of the rules every few posts, and then when they did play, they asked questions instead of quetions and gave answers instead of ansers. :cry:

4. Jul 1, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I could ban anyone that posts incorrectly. :devil:

I agree, too many people posting without bothering to understand the rules, and it does ruin it.

Time to end what is probably the oldest still living thread in PF?

5. Jul 1, 2005 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, bin it.

6. Jul 1, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I believe we should give Zooby the honor of the final good-bye post before closing it.

7. Jul 1, 2005 #6
    That's not what I want to hear.

I want to hear clamoring in the streets "Save the Stupid Quetion!!!! Save the Stupid Quetion!!!!"

I want Stupid mobs storming local government offices crying for funding and police protection.

I want all the old people who knew how to play to rise from their torpor and breath life back into the sacred true home of the weird, purple jellyfish!!!!!!!

I want agitators passing out leaflets on the street corners and at highway rest stops. I want the defenders of Jellitivity beating the looters and vandals and insurgents who can't figure out the instructions away from the divine nonsence that is the quetion.

I want ANSERS first then QUETIONS

8. Jul 1, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, I see, you're trying to resurrect the theory of jellitivity along with staking your claim in the Welch family fortunes. Okay, if you really don't want it locked and just want defenders of jellitivity, I'll have to go change into my other avatar. :biggrin:

9. Jul 1, 2005 #8

Evo

I can delete the "off topic" posts and restore order. Of course the people that get their posts deleted will then create half a dozen more posts asking why their post got deleted, claim censorship, and start a thread about evil mentors in at least two other subforums. :rolleyes:

10. Jul 1, 2005 #9

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah well, at least it'll keep you busy.

11. Jul 1, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here I am to save the day! JellyGirl is here to stay! :biggrin:

:uhh: Perhaps this is a job for SUPERMentor Evo!

With all the pointless, off-topic threads around here, surely they can find a place to post other than the handful of threads that actually have rules for playing. :rolleyes:

12. Jul 1, 2005 #11
    This is the right idea, but can you come up with something that involves them being sent to some ring of hell where they have to stay untill they learn rudimentary pattern recognition?

13. Jul 1, 2005 #12
    Sorry, that title goes to MIH. She invented the term Jellitivity.

14. Jul 1, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

She's JellyWoman, I'm her sidekick, JellyGirl. :biggrin:

15. Jul 1, 2005 #14

Evo

Ooooh, I wonder if that can be arranged.

Like Moonbear said, they can make OT and meaningless posts in ANY thread in GD, except in game threads with rules. The Stupid Quetion thread happens to be sacred. Even I am not qualified to play.

16. Jul 1, 2005 #15

Evo

:rofl: :rofl:

17. Jul 1, 2005 #16
    You are walking through a tunnel formed by bare oak trees. The wintry air sharpens your senses. You look down at your feet and realize that forked spines are growing out of your ankles, visibly sliding out through the skin with a satisfying scraping feeling like scratching off an old scab. The trees overhead are bountiful with stillness.

18. Jul 1, 2005 #17
    I'll decide whose jelly this and jelly that. I am the discoverer of Alfred E's 1905 paper: On the Electrodynamics of Nocturnally Roving Herds of Weird, Purple Jellyfish. (Marlon Brando voice:) "You're a delivery girl, collecting a bowl of jello, for a group of grocery clerks."

19. Jul 1, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: Well, um, uh, yeah, I might not have any super jelly powers, exactly, but, well, about that Jell-O, um, well, there was supposed to be this wrestling match, and well, they only had lime, and well, I prefer red Jell-O, so...:redface:

Oh heck, just come to the Jell-O wrestling match between me and MIH. :tongue:

20. Jul 1, 2005 #19
    Many tried. Few understood. A few half understood. I thought Huck demonstrated a natural genius and had hopes of the thread running strong and healthy again. The consistant giants: MIH, Gokul, Plover, though, all busy elsewhere now.

Oh let us sit upon the ground and tell sad tales of the deaths of threads...

21. Jul 1, 2005 #20
    LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE. SAVE SAVE SAVE.

The whales are important................oh..............wait. The stupiod quetion thread must stay. The rules are not hard but I must say that I too am fed up of reminding people and so my league of posting has only risen in the thread when it looked like dying.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?