Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Let's try to keep it clean

1. Nov 28, 2004 #1
    With the voting going on right now I think we all need to make sure we don't resort to any underhanded tricks to try to get votes.
    It's like my mother said on her deathbed, "tribdog, there is nothing I want more cough than to see you win a PF Award. cough cough. Please don't resort to slandering any of the people running against you. cough. I know that jimmy p doesn't call his mother, and we all remember what Boulderhead said about Greg, cough, but don't bring it up. It doesn't matter that Artman, Saint, Bobg, recon and The Bob are all members of the flat earth society and don't believe man walked on the moon. You don't need to bring it up. cough Also run a moral campaign. cough. It will be hard, cough, especially when you see the total lack of morals from Tsunami, moonbear and Math is hard. Just remember I love you tribdog and I think that I might find the strength to recover if I can see you win an award."

Okay mom, I'll run a clean campaign

This post has been approved by tribdog.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, I had to read this one just because I couldn't for the life of me figure out why tribdog was starting a topic asking to keep things clean. :rofl:

Makes note to ask admins to delete tribdog's burning the carpet with blowtorch and soda can thread; it gives him an unfair advantage in this race.

4. Nov 28, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, this race is getting dirty already. I can't even count the number of pm's I've received offering me a $50 honey baked ham gift certificate and compromising pictures in return for a vote. :rolleyes:

5. Nov 28, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want to see blood running in the streets. I want conspiracy theories. I want to see Tribdog begging like hungry dog. :rofl:

6. Nov 28, 2004 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I really admire your courage, trib. If I had been implicated in a puppy-killing scandal, I would never have the strength to show my face in public again, let alone run in an election. Luckily, the forum members don't know about that little incident - oh whoops!Anyway, kudos to you for overcoming the obstacles of your past and I wish you the best of luck.

7. Nov 28, 2004 #6
    Nay! Thou shalt not try to keep it clean, since the goverment here is playing dirty..[Ooops!]

As i learnt in KG 1 the letter T is not the first in the alphabet, still, the goverment here put Tribdog in the top of the list to vote...i.e. easy to spot..

I will complaing to Greg, and i will tell him how the PF admin is giving support to some members in not a shiny cleany way :)

[i wanna put some faces..but they dont work in my pc..damn!]

Still, i am voting for you greg if you put your self in the list, since you do really hate people who kiss up ;)

8. Nov 28, 2004 #7
    Since my votation is important, i decide after an indepth study of the political parties and powers that i am giving 0.362 of my vote to MIH [could increase later]

Tribdog, is 0.13 of my vote enough? You can reject even its a special offer :P

9. Nov 28, 2004 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

awww.. Moses... you sweet thing! Come here and let me hug you to my ample bosom! :smile:

10. Nov 28, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I agree. Even more amazing he's running in an election when he's an admitted pedophile.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=383910&postcount=18

And I was sure his political career was over when he was implicated in that huge vote tampering scandal.

Well, you know, some folks just like to vote for the underdog.

11. Nov 29, 2004 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just another example of outstanding courage!! :approve:
    Tribdog: confessed pedophile, alleged puppy-killer..
    but still there to be your candidate.

I, for one, applaud his bravery! I think we all can learn a lesson from this, can't we?

12. Nov 29, 2004 #11
    YEAH! don't F*** with Math is Hard

13. Nov 29, 2004 #12

plover

Homework Helper

Damn, it's just the usual eleven parties on the ballot! They control the system so there's no way for independent candidates to break in! Don't believe it when they say there's no way democracy can survive without the eleven party system!

And all this favoritism—I mean one of the candidates lives with a member of the administration! And most of the candidates are each other's sisters and nephews and such!

There's also a rumor that one candidate is controlled by a secret purple jellyfish cabal!

I hope Greg isn't using the Diebold software for his vote tabulations. Though I am glad that his attempts to program a butterfly ballot failed though—or everyone would have ended up voting for Pat Robertson... :eek:

Hmm... all-in-all sounds like democracy as usual...

14. Nov 29, 2004 #13

You can't delete that thread!!1 That thread was awesome!!

15. Nov 29, 2004 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But, keep this thought in mind: does the fact that we laugh at him on a regular basis mean he is actually funny? :biggrin:

16. Nov 29, 2004 #15
    you laugh AT me? :eek: :cry:

17. Nov 29, 2004 #16
    moonbear, do you ever work? or sleep?

18. Nov 29, 2004 #17
    Tribdog is right. We should all be as fair and honest as possible.

In the interest of fair play, I have arranged a special trip for all of us, so we can all learn to get along and work together. o:)

Now if you all will just get on the bus we can get started. Oh...I almost forgot, I will have to meet you at our destination later, I have a previous engagement that I just can't break. I will join you all later. Now please just get on the bus because the bomb is ticking...I mean the clock is ticking and we don't want you to be late. o:)

19. Nov 29, 2004 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Work, yes. I was home a lot last week though...usually put in too many hours and just needed some time to track down the remnants of my sanity. But even when at work, I'm in front of a computer most of the time (except the days they chain me to the lab bench), so can check on and off. While I was working, I was proofreading a grant proposal (I'll get it back again tonight to proofread again, so should be awake until all hours again tonight), and can only read those in little bits at a time before my brain starts to turn to pudding (not exactly light reading for the evening hours).

Sleep? What's that? I've somehow lost all concept of day and night. I do get sleep, just not in your typical 8 hour block of time at night. My mistake for dabbling in circadian rhythms research...biologists always seem to wind up afflicted with some malady related to what they are studying. Actually, last night I managed to be asleep by I think 4 AM ish, and got up today about 8 AM ish.

So, yeah, I have a lot of posts from last week when I was online a lot, but that will change. Don't forget, I often "appear" to be on PF when I'm not (I'll get distracted doing something else and not logoff).

20. Nov 29, 2004 #19
    Oh be quiet and get on the bus. I mean, you wouldn't want to miss the trip, would you? o:)

21. Nov 29, 2004 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I'm just way too swamped with work to go on a bus trip. :frown: It sounded really nice, but, well, you know how it goes. :wink:

Back to that lack of sleep - do you suppose it might be related to the fact that EVERYONE who works in the Starbucks in the hospital has my drink order memorized? No, not just one or two employees, but every single one of them (and they seem to have a lot of employees). A few even know me by name already. I drink WAAAAYYYY too much coffee.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?