Letter of Recommendation Question

I am currently applying to some REU's in math, and I need two letters of recommendation for just about very application. I have one professor whom I have had for three courses and received an A+ in each one and he knows me quite well, so I expect a pretty good recommendation from him. However, for my second recommendation, I am stuck. I have asked two profs. if they would be willing to write one and they have both said yes. The problem is this: I have had each of them for one course, Intro. to Mathematical Reasoning, and Probability respectively,(both were last semester) and I also have each of them for one course this semester. I received a B+ in Reasoning and an A+ in Probability. So clearly it seems that I should ask my probability prof. for a recommendation but the kicker is, he does not speak English all that well, and I am unsure how well written a letter of recommendation from him will be. Any suggestions for which to ask??

Edit: I have gotten an A+ in every other Math class that I have taken, and I have an overall G.P.A. of 3.89.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies