What is the mystery word for housing?

In summary, the conversation involves solving a mystery word puzzle using given words as clues. The first word is "cabin" and the second word is "rectory." The final word is "raceway." The participants also discuss their enjoyment of this type of puzzle.
A D M I T

C A P E R

R O B E S

T A L O N

WORKED EXAMPLE
(1)The choice of the first letter of the mystery word is either a C, R, A or T as these are the first letters of the given words. (Choose C).

(2)The second letter of the mystery word is either and A, O or D (A is mentioned twice, so there is only three to choose from) as these are the second letters of the above words. Therefore the first two letters of the mystery word could be CA, CO or CD. (Choose CA)

(3)The next letter is now one of the third letters, which are P, B, M or L. Building up this word, the combinations that could be added to CAP, CAB, CAM or CAL.

You now have a start, I will leave the last letters for you that will complete the word. Do not forget this teaser is about housing.

Now, try this one for the point:

A E R A T E D

C O M F O R T

M I S T A K E

R A C E W A Y

Physics news on Phys.org
I can get the word cerated so far.

(The word I got from the first part was easy enough, but this one is more difficult)

First word is cabin
Second word is rectory

so far

raceway

Last edited:
I enjoyed it.

1. What is a letter riddle brain teaser?

A letter riddle brain teaser is a type of puzzle or game that involves rearranging or manipulating letters to form words or phrases that provide a hidden meaning or answer to a question.

2. How do you solve a letter riddle brain teaser?

Solving a letter riddle brain teaser requires critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a good knowledge of vocabulary. It involves analyzing the given letters, looking for patterns or clues, and using deductive reasoning to come up with the correct answer.

3. Are there different types of letter riddle brain teasers?

Yes, there are various types of letter riddle brain teasers, such as anagrams, palindromes, word ladders, and cryptograms. Each type requires a different approach and skill set to solve.

4. Are letter riddle brain teasers beneficial for the brain?

Yes, letter riddle brain teasers are beneficial for the brain as they stimulate critical thinking, problem-solving, and vocabulary skills. They also help improve memory, concentration, and overall brain function.

5. Where can I find letter riddle brain teasers?

Letter riddle brain teasers can be found in puzzle books, online games and websites, and in various apps. They can also be created by individuals or used as a teaching tool in educational settings.