Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Letters of rec

1. Apr 20, 2006 #1
    Most schools in North America need letters of recomendation, do international students need to also submit them?

4 schools I will apply: Canada's UBC (Yeah-- Vanqver -- I like citi libraries, so many, really like it). Michigan State, Sandiego, Berkeley. (I will add or omit some after you give me more advice. I like a gene pool with diversity to be admitted, straight before me the fact of life, we are human.)

What do you think ?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2006 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The rules for admission do not distinguish between international and non-international students other than legal, visa matters. So if letters of recomendations are required, they are required no matter who you are.

Zz.

4. Apr 20, 2006 #3
    More or less, yes. International students usually pay bigger application fee, which is at UBC something like $120 for int. students - that's why I brought it up. Not that only this fee is relativiley (or ridiculouslly) high (considering other schools), they also have minimum for subject GRE which is 850, which is a really unique case as far as I can tell. So, Eddie, keep in mind these numbers :smile: .

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook